Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Roku Ultra remote draining battery in 2 days

Jump to solution

@KrisN

Thanks for letting us know about the issue you are experiencing.

Can you please provide the serial number of your Roku device from Settings>System>About? I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Dougbert
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Hi, Danny - I am not a techie, and cannot figure out how to PM you. - Doug

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

Click his name, the select View profile. on his profile page you should find a button to send him a private message. Note that some browsers (usually on mobile devices) won't display this button.

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Dougbert

Thanks for the post.

I have replied to the PM that you sent and will continue to assist you from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Dougbert
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thank you!

0 Kudos
robmisk

Jump to solution

Is there a fix for this?

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@robmisk It depends on the issue. If you are leaving any ear buds plugged into the remote, the batteries will drain in a matter of days, because the audio amplifier is powered up. Using the earphone jack will naturally use batteries faster. If that's not the issue, then chances are you have a defective remote. Send your device model and serial number, along with your Roku user account email address to @RokuDanny-R in a private message (don't post that info here in the forum) and they will work with you.

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
KrisN
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I sent Dan at Roku my serial number for my device and nothing happened since then. I bought a new remote and still had the same issue. I became convinced that the Premier simply had a software or hardware issue that hasn't yet been identified or fixed by Roku. To prove that point, I bought a new roku and used the old remote with the old batteries and have not had the issue since. The problem isn't the remote or the batteries, it's an internal issue with the Premier causing it to misidentify the batteries as dead, even if they aren't. Hope this helps. 

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @KrisN,

Thanks for keeping in touch and following up regarding your rapid battery drain issue.

We're unable to receive the serial number of your Roku device as we requested previously. Can you please provide the serial number of your Roku device from Settings>System>About? I'll be able to pass it along to our Support team who can assist you further.

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
kweyama

Jump to solution

I also do have an issue with my Roku ultra remote draining the batteries in a few days. Please help. Thanks. 

[personal information]

0 Kudos