Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
aegmtn
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku Ultra remote draining battery in 2 days

Jump to solution

I have found the solution to draining batteries.  A Firestick or even better a Chromecast with Google TV.  I own 4 Roku units.  Been using Roku for 10 years. Given 13 as presents.  Ridiculous to be putting in new batteries every 3 days.  Have done full resets.  Plugged into the ac adapter.  New HDMI cable Different brands of batteries.  Our rural county is installing fiber .... Over 13,000 households.  On our local blog Roku used to be hot....  With the battery issues it is NOT.  Roku is well aware of the issue.  It is a shame to see a company that I used to respect and praise neglect it's base.

0 Kudos
grandpiano700
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

My remote batteries (these would be new batteries put in) will drain within several days.  Again, this battery drain will occur if I choose to use the headphone jack with the included earbuds. 

Bare in mind I am only using the headphone jack w/ earbuds for only a few hours per time.  Not daily use and all day long. 

Only a few hours per evening.  Then the batteries will drain after 3-4 days of this minimal headphone jack usage.

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

Are you leaving the ear buds plugged in at all times? If so, that leaves the audio amp in the remote powered up, and will absolutely drain the batteries in a few days. The headphone jack should only have something connected when actually using it for listening. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
aegmtn
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I have never used or plugged in any earphones ...  It is happening on two separate streaming stick +....  Moved remote from one to the real bad one and it started draining fast.  After a complete reset remote was ok for about 5 days then drained out in 3 days.  Not enough power to turn on TV.

0 Kudos
aegmtn
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I have never used or plugged in any earphones ...  It is happening on two separate streaming stick +....  Moved remote from one to the real bad one and it started draining fast.  After a complete reset remote was ok for about 5 days then drained out in 3 days.  Not enough power to turn on TV.

0 Kudos
grandpiano700
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

No I am not leaving them, plugged in.  I stated this in my initial description.

0 Kudos
grandpiano700
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I am not leaving them plugged in.

0 Kudos
jcprice13
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Wow, I didn't actually expect a response and wish I'd seen this sooner, as going through all these batteries has been more expensive than the device probably was and is driving me crazy. The serial number is YHOO86888484. Thank you for your help.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@jcprice13

Thanks for the post.

It looks like we've responded to the PM that you sent us. We will pass along your information to our Support team to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Tesa1928

Jump to solution

Roku serial# YHOOH3745662

Id# 25505H745662

above is information requested regarding Roku remote batterie draining when using earplugs. 

HOPE TO HEAR FROM YOU SOON

Sincerely

Teresa & Angelo Ríos

[personal information]

0 Kudos