Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Daikon

Roku Ultra 4640 Voice Remote Unpairs from device within seconds. Remote can't maintain connection

Hello,

I am very frustrated.

I have a Roku Ultra (model Roku Ultra (4640 series) , serial # YP00DA084127, software version 13.1.4, build 1512-29) and Voice Remote (model RC117).   My remote unpairs from my Roku Ultra within 1 minute or less every time I pair it.  It never stays connected.

I have read every post I could find on this, and I can't find a solution.  In fact, I can't find anyone who has solved this.  My remote never works until I pair it, and then it unpairs within seconds!  Please help!

What does not work to pair - pairing by navigating via the menu and then pressing the pair button on the remote

1. The remote is unresponsive.
  2. When I navigate the menu to pair the remote using the app, and then press the pairing button on the remote, I get no green light and get stuck.

What works to pair (for only a few seconds to almost a minute at most)

1. I remove the batteries from the remote.
  2. I hold down the back and home buttons
  3. While holding those buttons, I replace the batteries (with new ones)
  4. After a few seconds, the onscreen menu navigates on its own straight to pairing a remote (note - at this point, my remote is paired.  I can navigate anything in the menu and even control the tv volume with the remote.  If I stop here, or continue with the next steps, I still get the same result)
  5. Now, when I press the physical pairing button on the remote, the green light on the remote lights up/ flashes
  6. The roku then tells me that my remote is successfully paired, and it functions perfectly for several seconds
  7. If I continue to use it, pressing buttons every couple seconds, it will remain paired for up to a minute, but eventually it loses connection/ pairing.  If I stop pressing buttons every few seconds, it loses its connection quicker.

In addition to this, I have :

1. Unplugged/ reset my Roku
  2. Updated my Roku 
  3. Unplugged and reset my internet connection
  4. Had the Roku reconnect to the internet.

Since my remote can pair with the device, and maintain a connection (even though it is a short while only), I know my devices physically work.  I do not understand what bug is causing this to keep happening.

I will update this if I find a solution.

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.