Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NotaTechi

Roku USB charging cable does not fit right into the Roku remote charging port

I have a Roku Streambar Pro that came with a Rechargeable Roku Voice Remote Pro and a Roku- provided micro USB charging cable.  The remote worked fine for a few months but now the charging cable does not fit tightly into the charging port on the remote and only charges when I stand there and press the USB cable into the charging port.  Has a new charging cable been created that fits tightly enough into the remotes charging port to fully charge the device?

2 REPLIES 2
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Roku USB charging cable does not fit right into the Roku remote charging port

Hi @NotaTechi,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We appreciate you reaching out to us here about this, and we'd like to be of assistance. Could you tell us how long you have been using this remote?

You can also try using different charging cords to see if that serves as a workaround.

Thanks,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
Jeanne_r
Binge Watcher

Re: Roku USB charging cable does not fit right into the Roku remote charging port

@RokuEReyand @NotaTechi I am also here for this issue. I have called customer support only to hold and be disconnected every time the call "answers". I have also been receiving messages that state my support message has been received to only get no resolution for 5 weeks!! Can you please help us? My cable started slipping out for no reason and I can't understand why Roku makes the remotes so terribly. I just paid almost $100 for another ultra as a gift and I feel like I am paying for a $5 remote device. I am just asking for a new remote to be shipped with a good port and new cable to ensure it properly fits and can stay charged instead of falling out the second I move. Roku used to have good remote replacement service but I don't know what is going on there but this has been awful. Thank you

Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.