Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Raye
Reel Rookie

Roku Remote not Working, No Microphone Hole nor Pairing Button

My Roku Remote doesn’t have that Microphone Hole, nor a Pairing Button, It’s just Infared I think. Two days ago, it just stopped working. I replaced the batteries, nothing. I restarted the TV (using Roku mobile app), nothing. I unplugged the TV, nothing. Please help, the Roku Mobile App is too unreliable.

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku Remote not Working, No Microphone Hole nor Pairing Button

Assuming the remote doesn't have a microphone button (i.e., it's not a voice remote), then it's safe to assume it's an IR remote.  You can check whether an IR remote is transmitting anything by pointing it at a digital camera like the one in your phone.  Press buttons on the remote and you should see flashes of light on the camera's screen.  If not and you've tried new batteries, about all that's left is to replace the remote.  If it is transmitting, try standing really close to the TV to see if you get any response out of the TV.  The IR receiver is generally close to the light on the TV, but it could probably be anywhere.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku Remote not Working, No Microphone Hole nor Pairing Button

One additional thing to check.  The remote will only operate if the batteries are installed in the correct direction.  Inside the battery compartment there should be a diagram showing you their correct position.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.