Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RRswoop
Reel Rookie

Onn Roku Soundbar not connecting to Roku Voice Remote Pro

Hence the title, my remote is not connecting to my soundbar (Model: 100002421). I did not have the original remote and I am currently on my third remote and this one is only giving me SOME luck. When I originally got the remote it first allowed me to at least get to the settings where I was attempting to connect to a network. Sometime during this the remote disconnected, I tried to sync the remote to the soundbar but to no avail. The only buttons recognized are the power button, pair button on the botton of the back and the home + back buttons combo (when trying to reset the remote itself). I've tried unplugging the soundbar and waiting but that has only worsened it because now I am stuck at the select a language screen. What do I do now???

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Onn Roku Soundbar not connecting to Roku Voice Remote Pro

There two kinds of Onn Roku Soundbars, the $129 true Roku Onn Smart Soundbar model 9100x with Roku streamer built-in. Then there are the cheaper Onn Roku Ready Soundbars, no streamer built-in. Being Roku ready only means it will work with Roku tv remotes. Did yours come in an orange box like so:

P1000035 (2).JPG

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
RRswoop
Reel Rookie

Yes, in an orange box with streamer built in.

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thank you for posting here in the Roku Community, @RRswoop!

I appreciate you for precisely elaborating on the concern you've experienced with the remote of your ONN Roku Soundbar, and I'd be happy to help you contact the proper support.

Kindly note that ONN manufactures its own player hardware, including the remote. For the most efficient resolution of this matter, it is best to directly engage with them as they are responsible for addressing this issue.

You may reach them here: ONN Support

I hope you find this information helpful.

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.