Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MarkKay

Roku Remote changing LED lights

Jump to solution

Hi,

I need help changing the frequency on my Roku Remote from my Roku Streaming stick+. My problem is that my roku remote changes the colors on my LED lights. Though the LED lights controller doesn't interfere with my Roku streaming, so this is a one-way interference that the Roku Remote is causing. If I can switch the frequency that the roku remote works on then I think this will solve my problem and then it won't interfere with my LED lights. Please don't tell me that there's no way to change the frequency because I know there has to be some way, Please I know many people that have this same issue and there isn't a real solution to fix this on the internet. If you can Really help me with this I, and so many other people, will be extremely happy. Thank you. 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku Remote changing LED lights

Jump to solution

There is no multi-frequencies available, in fact roku went with just one frequency that ALL there current wifi devices use. Doesn't matter if roku tv, roku stick, roku soundbar or roku console, all respond to the same frequency. 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.

View solution in original post

16 REPLIES 16
MarkKay

Jump to solution

Also it is a point anywhere remote

0 Kudos
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

There is no multi-frequencies available, in fact roku went with just one frequency that ALL there current wifi devices use. Doesn't matter if roku tv, roku stick, roku soundbar or roku console, all respond to the same frequency. 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
Dominic11

Jump to solution

Hello were you able to solve this issue? Same thing has been happening to me and very annoying.

0 Kudos
layladag_

Jump to solution

Hello, I just discovered the same issue with my Roku and LED lights. When I had both remotes with me, the brightness of the LED lights would change as I raise or lower the volume with my Roku remote. I was able to stop that by keeping both remotes at a distance. That’s what I have been doing and it’s working for far. I don’t know the true cause of this or how to fix it but I hope this helps.

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

go into your System Settings and turn off the Standby LED Light. this will stop it from flashing when you use the remote and triggering the LED lights 

0 Kudos
Nigel72
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

This is not an option for the Roku Stick; I could not find the 'stand-by mode' in the settings.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Nigel72

Thanks for the post.

Can you please specify the issue you are experiencing?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
LSG

Jump to solution

I criss-crossed 2 pieces of black duct tape over the IR window on the Roku remote, leaving a small V for the light to escape from, then trimmed the tape to fit with an exacto knive. It doesn't look too bad, and it seems to have narrowed the width of the beam enough to solve the problem as long as the remote is pointed directly at the tv/device. It will still change the LED lights if buttons are pressed while it's pointed at the light receivers.

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Dude, I don't even know how to help in this situation. The main problem may lie in the signal transmission or the remote control's technical characteristics. Try turning the lamp off, then point the remote towards the lamp and press and hold down the radio button. Without releasing the button on the remote, turn on the lamp. Wait until it flashes once, then releases the button on the remote and change the frequency. When I encountered a similar problem, I had to change the entire system. In the end, I just bought a new LED strip. Now there are a lot of options. I settled on this https://www.vont.com/product/smart-strip-lights-led-strip-lights/. I would be interested to know how you solved your issue?

0 Kudos