Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Old333
Reel Rookie

Roku Remote Won't Pair lights still blink

My Roku remote will not pair with my Roku Ultra.  It was fine before but now the lights keep blinking and o can't pair anything.  Roku Ultra model 4660X2 s/n cs4881416516

remote rc-al4

sku 3226000304

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
RokuLianna
Retired Moderator

Re: Roku Remote Won't Pair lights still blink

Hi @Old333

Thank you for the post.

If your Roku remote is not pairing with your Roku Ultra, here are some troubleshooting steps you can try:

• Check the batteries: Make sure the batteries in the remote are fresh and installed correctly. Try replacing them with new ones.
  • Restart the Roku Ultra: We recommend doing this from the Settings menu by navigating to  Settings > System > System restart > Restart.
  • Reset the remote: Press and hold the pairing button on the back of the remote for at least 5 seconds until the pairing light on the remote begins flashing. Release the button and wait for the remote to complete the pairing process.
  • Check for interference: Move any other electronic devices away from the Roku Ultra, as they may be causing interference with the remote pairing process.

We hope it helps!

Warm regards,
Lianna

0 Kudos
Old333
Reel Rookie

I can't even get into the settings menu.  I do all of that, hard reset the device, and the original set up screen appears.  However I can't pair any remote then or use the app to do so.

0 Kudos
RokuLianna
Retired Moderator

Hi @Old333

Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

Please reply here with your Roku account email address with the serial number of the Roku device associated with the affected remote. It can be viewed by navigating to Settings > System > About. In addition, this can be found on the back of the stick itself. We'll be able to further assist you from there.

Warm regards,
Lianna

0 Kudos
Brad23

What do I do

0 Kudos
BEARsq
Reel Rookie

This has literally been a problem for years now and no resolve. The moderators keep suggesting the same steps that are not helpful Roku is a terrible. I won't be buying those products anymore