Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Edvard
Reel Rookie

Roku Express remote stopped working

I bought Roku Express 4K about 5 month ago. Couple days ago remote stopped working. I replaced batteries and it worked for 1 day. Next day it was not working. I did all suggested tricks I found on Roku site. I still not able to use my remote. Is there any warranty for my remote? How to get my remote replaced?

33 REPLIES 33
McDude
Channel Surfer

Re: Roku Express remote stopped working

Yeah my 4K Express remote has been informing me my batteries are low when they shouldn't be. Most issues have been solved after last night's problems. 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Edvard @McDude

Thanks for the posts.

Have you tried replacing the batteries in your remote to see if you are still experiencing an issue.

If you are still unable to resolve the issue, can you please provide the serial number/device ID on your Roku device? I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
Edvard
Reel Rookie

Thank you for reaching to me Danny, I sent you my info in private message.

0 Kudos
McDude
Channel Surfer

Thanks Danny sending info to you in private also. 

0 Kudos
KSRaptor1
Reel Rookie

Only a few months old and one of my simple remote stopped working. No change with new batteries. Do I need to buy a new one? Seems that it should not fail this fast.

0 Kudos
LeRoyOtis

I don't have an answer.

The same thing has happened to us. 

We have two Rokus set up.  The other remote works fine on the TV which has the bad remote, so...

This shouldn't happen so soon.  It's only been a little over a month.

0 Kudos
Winsonoma
Reel Rookie

We have had our Express 4K a couple of weeks and the batteries have been replaced twice already. I’m about to put the third replacement in but this is ridiculous 

Winsonoma
Reel Rookie

We are experiencing the same issue.
Our older (2 years) remote works with the new streamer too. I have replaced the batteries twice already in the past 30 days

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Winsonoma

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide the serial number of your Roku device from Settings>System>About? I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos