Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MM775

Roku Express not responding to remote/not working

Jump to solution

For two nights my Roku Express (3930, 3931 series)   has not been responding to the remote, it originally responded to left/right arrows but nothing else. I changed the remote batteries and then unplugged and replugged the box, like the website said to  When I did the second step it responded to the up arrow once and wouldn't respond to anything further and also stopped responding to the left/right arrows after that. I tried using the remote app but because it disconnected from the Wi-Fi it won't let me use the app. If anyone has any further troubleshooting steps it'd be much appreciated.

(The remote is the one that came in the box, I believe it to be the 'simple remote' version)

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku Express not responding to remote/not working

Jump to solution

@MM775-

You're right.  If the WiFi login information has been wiped from the Roku you need a functioning physical remote to set the Roku back up.

Non-4K Rokus were supplied with infrared point-and-shoot remotes. You can check if they are emitting infrared signals by pointing them at a digital camera, one on a phone/tablet will do.  When you press buttons on the remote you should see a glow from the end of the remote on the viewfinder.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku Express not responding to remote/not working

Jump to solution

@MM775-

You're right.  If the WiFi login information has been wiped from the Roku you need a functioning physical remote to set the Roku back up.

Non-4K Rokus were supplied with infrared point-and-shoot remotes. You can check if they are emitting infrared signals by pointing them at a digital camera, one on a phone/tablet will do.  When you press buttons on the remote you should see a glow from the end of the remote on the viewfinder.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos