Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hmiles
Reel Rookie

Roku Express 4K+ Remote Volume & Mute Buttons Slow

Roku Remote.JPEGI recently purchased a Roku Express 4K+. The Remote is a Voice remote, and is sluggish and undependable for changing volume and muting. Especially slow in lowering the volume. I have tried every setup I can think of, but cannot get the volume & mute functions to respond without several long hold on the buttons. I have 4 different TVs, so I set it up on all 4, one at a time, and the remote behavior is the same for all.

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
HDMIGuy
Roku Guru

Re: Roku Express 4K+ Remote Volume & Mute Buttons Slow

@hmiles Since you have tried on multiple TVs my opinion is that you have a faulty remote.  If you purchased it recently I would try to return it for a new remote.  I have a Roku voice remote and it functions just fine for volume and mute.

0 Kudos
hmiles
Reel Rookie

@HDMIGuyThanks - I do not have my receipt anymore, so I wanted to see if there was a solution I have overlooked. If I don't find another solution my next step is to buy a remote as you suggested.

0 Kudos
Ccmcc

I am having the exact same problem. Did you ever figure out what was going on with your remote?

0 Kudos
hmiles
Reel Rookie

Finally was able to find my receipt and swap for another remote (same remote) which works great!

RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi, @Ccmcc

Greetings and welcome to the Roku Community.

We noticed your concern, and thanks for inquiring here. We'd like to provide you with support regarding this, and as a start, we want to collect more details. Kindly check your private message inbox as we have send you a PM here.

We look forward to your response.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.