Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kirkcandan
Reel Rookie

Roku Express 4K+ Remote Control Batteries

Hello All,

I have (2) Roku Express 4K+ devices in my home.  Both of these devices were purchased new in 2022, and they both require their batteries to replaced weekly. This is becoming a costly issue that seems very unnecessary.  Any help would be much appreciated.  Thank you in advance.

@RokuDanny-R @RokuNimfa-C

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Re: Roku Express 4K+ Remote Control Batteries

Hi @kirkcandan 

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community!

Could you provide us with the serial number of your 2 Roku devices? This can be found at the back or underneath the player itself. We'll be able to further assist you from there.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
kirkcandan
Reel Rookie

X01600KLS26F

X016009W074J

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

@kirkcandan 

Appreciate the prompt response.

We'll have a member of our Support team reach out to you via email. They will continue assisting you from there and provide a resolution to this issue.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
kirkcandan
Reel Rookie

Thank you @RokuKariza-D! I look forward to hearing from someone on your team. 

0 Kudos
Augsburg

We solved the problem of the remote "eating" batteries by purchasing two sets of EBL Li-ion rechargeable batteries on Amazon.  (Other brands should work too.)  The batteries are usb rechargeable and last several times longer than typical alkaline batteries.  With two sets of batteries, you can always have one pair ready to swap should the batteries need to be charged.  

0 Kudos
kirkcandan
Reel Rookie

I appreciate your reply and that sounds like a good idea, but it’s only a workaround.

Why is the Roku Express draining the batteries in these remotes? That’s the larger issue that needs to be addressed, as I’ve already spent more money on batteries than I did purchasing the Roku’s! We literally change the batteries in both remotes weekly. 

0 Kudos