Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tims1334

Re: Remove remote battery life indicator on screen

@RokuDanny-R 

I'm currently having the same issue. Just purchased the voice pro remote, password it with my TCL Roku tv (about 5 years old, fully updated) and it worked great for a day. Now displays the battery level every 5 seconds. If I turn off the voice control, it displays that the voice control is off every 5 seconds instead

Obviously very annoying when watching TV. Any help would be appreciated! 

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@tims1334

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide us the following information:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times and provide us with this ID)

Once we have this information, we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
schmark79

Has there been a solution for this problem? Mine is on a rechargeable remote. Remote is fully charged, as it shows on the icon. This also happens when I have the  voice control off.  The icon for the battery will flash on about every 5 seconds, or so. 

The serial number on my unit is X01000TJGXD5

Tracker ID is D5-0670562

0 Kudos
RokuKarla
Retired Moderator

Hello @schmark79

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community!

Could you please provide more information about the problem you're experiencing so that we can look into it further?

• Is this the remote that came with the Roku device
  • Does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
  • Steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing
  • Screenshot of what is happening on screen

Once we have more detailed information, we will be able to investigate the issue further.

Regards,
Karla