Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Emissary35
Roku Guru

Re: Remove remote battery life indicator on screen

Of course I know there is no way to disable the pop up message. That's the whole point of this topic, getting Roku to either remove it from the firmware or create an option to turn it off. But Roku is completely ignoring this issue. I get about 3 months out of the batteries before the low battery warning starts popping up even though the remote functions perfectly on all button presses. If I ignore the pop up and keep using the batteries they will last almost 2 months longer than that. So Roku is telling me to ditch my batteries when they still have nearly 2 months use still left in them! That means the low battery message isn't working right, it's a joke. There needs to be a way to shut it off, Roku needs to stop ignoring us and create an option in the remote settings. They also need to give us an option to remove all paired remotes because the last paired remote is always there unless you do a factory reset, which is ridiculous!

MilesT
Roku Guru

Probable root cause of problem: dud Roku hardware. 

Many other people here complain about battery drain (batteries will be used quickly if you use earphone jack or voice a lot).

Also: try precharged NiMH rechargeable, not too expensive and can be recharged overnight when drained.  No harm swapping out to recharge when battery indicator first shows (and mine only shows a few days before absolutely needing to swap).

Not a Roku employee
0 Kudos
JohnV2

My Roku shows a battery life of 0 percent, and has shown it continuously for the last six months. And yet strangely my remote has continued to function.

Do you still think the problem is with sub-standard batteries?

TechDudeKC
Reel Rookie

I work for a custom A/V integrator, and we would absolutely love to have a way to turn this notification off, mainly because our clients do not use the Roku remotes. They use the universal remotes we program and install for them. The Roku remotes just sit in the equipment rack until we need them for troubleshooting purposes.

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

@TechDudeKC, why don't you leave the batteries out of the remotes until you need them for troubleshooting purposes?  They may likely be dead by the time you need the remote anyway.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
Michelle3
Roku Guru

And how in the world would a Roku remote be for troubleshooting purposes?  Some of the troubleshooting would obviously have something to do with the TV sets.  

~ Jordan

I’m into videotapes and old electronics stuff, including extenders, converters and analog 4:3 TV sets (which are obsolete these days), and Miss Bianca is my favorite character in Disney’s The Rescuers (1977) and its sequel, The Rescuers Down Under (1990). I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you. ~ Jordan

Roku Express+ 3910X
0 Kudos
TechDudeKC
Reel Rookie

Generally, we're troubleshooting our remote. If it's not controlling the Roku, we can test with the Roku remote to determine if the problem is with our remote or the Roku itself. Our remotes use IP control of the Roku, so if there's a network issue we can use the Roku remote to check and correct settings.

I did remove the batteries during my service call yesterday. Now I'm just hoping it doesn't start popping up notifications that the remote is lost.

0 Kudos
bart79
Binge Watcher

I have a roku streaming stick and on the right top corner of my TV screen it keeps saying that the battery is low how do I stop this.

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@bart79

Thanks for the post.

Have you tried replacing the batteries in your Roku Streaming Stick remote?

Please keep us posted what you find out and we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Dany

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
joss1
Channel Surfer

2 ultra's both remotes are battery hogs. this problem goes way back.