Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Amhansolo
Reel Rookie

Remote works when plugged in

My remote has been working fine. Since I bought it about 4 or 5 months ago. Give or take. Holding charge for long periods of time. Today it would work so I put it to charge. It’s shows the battery to be a 100 percent. But won’t work when I take it off the charger. But works fine while it’s on the charger. Any help would be great. Please

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Remote works when plugged in

Hi @Amhansolo,

We appreciate for reaching us here in the Roku Community!

We would recommend charging it overnight to see if there's any difference. If the issue persists, please get back here and provide with us the serial number of the device where it's paired.

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Amhansolo
Reel Rookie

Hello rey I have done this already, it only works when plugged in. Where do I find serial numbers on the remote? I have the Bluetooth remote. 

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

@Amhansolo, he doesn't want the serial number of the remote.  He wants the serial number of your Roku device as displayed under Settings->System->About.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Amhansolo
Reel Rookie

Ahhh I feel stupid then lol 

The serial number is YN00P0593837

0 Kudos
Amhansolo
Reel Rookie

YN00P0593837

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thank you for letting us know, @Amhansolo.

In this instance, we will request additional reinforcement from our Support team.

Kindly send us a DM as we will be requesting further information from you. To send a PM, kindly select my username > View Profile > on the right side of the page, select send this user a private message. 

We'll be anticipating your response!

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos