Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tpeters65

Remote wont control my Westinghouse tv

I have a Westinghouse tv and a roku streaming stick with voice control. When I try to set up roku to control the power and volume it will not recognize a Westinghouse tv. Is there anything I can do to resolve this or did I waste my money on this feature. The roku will work just not the other functions..

0 Kudos
11 REPLIES 11
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Remote wont control my Westinghouse tv

If its non-roku westinghouse tv try samsung tv codes? Or you can't seach by brand at all? 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Jeff1977

Hi.  Did you ever find a solution?  I’m having the same issue.   Thanks 

RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Hi @Jeff1977

Thanks for the post.

Could you tell us more about your concern? As stated in the title of this thread, are you also having issues with the remote of your Roku TV? Please provide us as well the troubleshooting you've tried so we know what steps we should take next.

With more information, we can assist you further.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
BrawlDog

I just had the same issue. I tried RCA brand tv from the setup menu and it worked!!

0 Kudos
glpurcell
Reel Rookie

We're having the same issue. When it gets to TV code 5 the TV shuts off. We turned the TV back on with the TV remote but then eventually says it failed to pair. We tried RCA codes because someone said that worked for them, but it didn't work. Neither did Samsung, Vizio, or a few others. Did anyone figure out the issue? Thanks!

0 Kudos
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

@glpurcell 

When the tv went off, did you finish programming the remote by clicking yes? It's usually sitting on yes, so all you had to do was press OK even with tv off. 

As for brands to try, Sony or Mitsubishi too. 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos

I have a Westinghouse  model VR-4030 and the roku remote wouldn't pair with any Westinghouse codes for volume and shutting off the TV.  But the 4th or 5th code for RCA did work.

0 Kudos
glpurcell
Reel Rookie

I did keep pressing yes. On RCA and one other brand it would turn off the TV after a few tries (I tried it several times but with the same result every time). I ended up trying all the TV brands listed on the Roku and sadly, none worked. Thanks for your help, though!

0 Kudos
glpurcell
Reel Rookie

I tried it again but at about the 7th RCA code it shuts off the TV. I turn the TV back on and keep trying but it eventually says it can't pair. It's a pretty old Westinghouse so maybe it just won't pair. Thanks for taking the time to respond!!

0 Kudos