Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BabyGluttony
Reel Rookie

Remote won't work anymore even with new batteries

I use my remote all the time, well used to, it stopped working one day. I figured it was my batteries, I changed them and nothing. I even got another new box of batteries, still nothing works. I really don't want to but another device to make this thing work. It's just simple roku stick and remote. No fancy TV or anything like that. Some help me. I am sick of using my phone to control Roku because they took away the app of my watch as well, which is annoying.

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
RokuJharra-Q
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Remote won't work anymore even with new batteries

Thanks for posting here in the Roku community, @BabyGluttony!

We understand you're having issues with your Roku remote for your Roku stick, and we're here to help!

Please ensure that you have the correct Roku voice remote that is compatible with your Roku streaming stick, as there are various types of Roku remotes available.

All Roku voice remotes have a voice button located near the purple directional pad that has either a microphone or a magnifying glass icon.

If your remote has a voice button, you have a Roku voice remote. If it does not, you have a Roku simple remote.

Roku voice remote search button location

After identifying your remote model, please refer to our support page guide for further assistance on How to set up and pair your Roku voice remote.

If you need any further assistance, please do not hesitate to let us know.

Best regards,
Jharra

Jharra Q.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
BabyGluttony
Reel Rookie

I did all of that. The FAQ section didn't help me out at all. I placed new batteries. I have a simple remote.

0 Kudos
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

A Roku Stick does not use a simple remote, which is an IR remote. Roku Sticks only use WIFI remotes that have to be paired, and they can control the tv volume. Simple Roku remotes have NO power or volume keys. Only Roku tv simple IR remotes have power and volume keys. 

So, let's get it straight if its really Roku Stick in the first place, Roku sticks have built-in hdmi connector no place to plug in a hdmi cable. So, does it have hdmi connector attach or is there a hdmi port to accept a hdmi cable? 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
BabyGluttony
Reel Rookie

I have to plug in the HDMI cable and the power cable into my Roku. They are not built into it. I have always been able to use the remote with the Roku just one day it stopped working and I have to use my phone app to control it. 

0 Kudos