Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Remote won't pair after TV factory reset

Jump to solution

Greetings from the Roku Community, @DrChris1998!

We appreciate you reaching out for support about your Roku remote not working after factory resetting your Roku device. No worries! We're here to help you resolve this.

When factory resetting your Roku device, please be informed that it will set you back to default settings, and you may need to re-link your Roku account and sign in on your channel subscriptions.

Furthermore, this will also reset your Roku remote, and it needs to be paired again. Kindly refer to our support articles to help you pair your Roku remote:

We hope you find this information helpful. Keep us posted on how it goes!

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
DrChris1998
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Same problem. I got a new remote from the manufacturer and it worked. Try to get it directly from then not a store like target or Best Buy. Even though it looks the same I don’t think it is.

0 Kudos
DrChris1998
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Please read. I had the same problem. Remote didn’t pair after the factory reset. Tried buying new remotes and using the app. ROKU sent me a remote and it worked. GET A REMOTE DIRECTLY FROM ROKU, not in a store or online.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.