Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Suilebhain
Reel Rookie

Re: Remote was controlling receiver perfectly, now it’s not???

Jump to solution

While their DISCLAIMER states that, that is wrong. I had three remotes (one from an older model Roku) and ALL of them controlled volume on my Sony receiver and the latter two even Muted that Sony and the Pioneer receiver I replaced it with, that is, until an update occurred that removed the ability.

Dogtag114
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Update to the Receiver or update to the Roku or something on the TV?  I lost it once, then played with TV, yes TV, settings “HDMI control” or something like that to get it working again.

0 Kudos
Mytv3

Jump to solution

What exactly did you have to do? I controlled everything with my Roku remote until 2 days ago when my Roku quit. I just bought a new Roku hooked it up just like my old one and now I can't get the Roku remote to work with my receiver. 

0 Kudos
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

Go into the settings of the tv, refresh the cec devices connected to it, if it still doesn't control the avr volume, turn off the tv and then turn it back on and try it now. 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
jbgrant
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

@Tivoburkee wrote:

No roku remote controls a AV receiver or soundbar directly, it only controls tv's. Its the tv that controls the audio gear by hdmi-cec. Go into the menu of the tv and refresh the hdmi devices attached to it, then it should list all cec devices plugged in. 

This simply is not true.  My rokus are plugged into my AVR and I can unplug my TV and my roku remotes still control the AVR volume setting....

0 Kudos
Tivoburkee

Jump to solution

@jbgrant 

I was referring to IR control of only tv's, if you have an older Roku that can control other devices by hdmi-cec only, in that case cec signal can control a tv or avr, they both respond to same cec signals. 

Edmund

0 Kudos
jbgrant
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

@Tivoburkee wrote:

@jbgrant 

I was referring to IR control of only tv's, if you have an older Roku that can control other devices by hdmi-cec only, in that case cec signal can control a tv or avr, they both respond to same cec signals. 

Okay, so I have a streaming stick 4k from 2020 or 2021, it can control avr through hdmi,  but in the last two weeks the voice remote (has IR feature) stopped triggering the roku stick to send the hdmi volume commands.  Do you know if there is a fix? It will only send IR volume commands now, which doesn't work for my setup.  Thanks

0 Kudos
Tivoburkee

Jump to solution

Try attaching to the tv, reprogram for the tv, then move it to the avr? Refresh the cec devices in your tv and if possible, the avr as well. 

Edmund

0 Kudos
mkidd01

Jump to solution

This is nuts, amazon fire devices have supported this (low level) functionality for years now..... I can not believe Roku doesnt support this.
Sending back my 4k device specifically because of this, im not changing my setup around one device