Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
luluduffle
Channel Surfer

Remote that works with a Roku 3500X streaming stick?

Hi,

Does anyone have a remote that works with a Roku streaming stick (model 3500X)? I know they are old but I have 2 and just want to use it to cast YouTube to the tv. I just need to borrow a remote to connect them to the internet so I can use the Roku Remote app. I would pay for postage each way of course.

Thanks

Laura

0 Kudos
12 REPLIES 12
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Remote that works with a Roku 3500X streaming stick?

Greetings @luluduffle 

Welcome to the Roku Community and thanks for posting regarding looking for a remote replacement.

Please be aware what we no longer offer a replacement remote for the Roku Streaming Stick model 3500. However, we would be happy to see what we can do to help get you back up and running.

Please provide us with the serial number of your Roku device(s) (printed on the side/back of the device) and I'll have our support team reach out directly to assist you further. Meanwhile you can use the free Roku mobile app as a replacement remote control.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
luluduffle
Channel Surfer

Hi Danny, I emailed you a photograph of the 2 Roku sticks I have. Did you get that?Please can you let me know when someone will be contacting me? I can't use the remote control app as I have moved and changed internet provider and therefore can't get the sticks in the WiFi, that's what I need to borrow a remote to do, then I'll be able to use the app. Please help asap. Thanks, Laura

0 Kudos
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

If the 3500 stick is on your Roku account, see your upgrade page for any deals they might be offing you to upgrade:

Roku | My offers

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
luluduffle
Channel Surfer

Hi, thanks but it isn't as I've only just downloaded the Roku app

0 Kudos
Tivoburkee

Usually, the account you use here to sign into post is the same as your Roku account on your Roku devices. 

Edmund

0 Kudos
luluduffle
Channel Surfer

Ooo ok, sorry. I thought the remote app was a separate app. How do you get to the remote control part of the Roku app please?

0 Kudos
Tivoburkee

Sorry but the Roku app won't work until your 3500 stick and your cellphone is connected to the same internet network and password. Initially you have to have a real working Roku remote. The 3500 stick is not worth buying a used remote for, when you can get renewed Roku on amazon for $24.99:

Amazon.com: Roku Express HD Streaming Media Player, Black (Renewed) : Electronics

If the 3500 stick could be paired with newer voice remotes, which it CAN"T, the cheapest voice remote is $19.99. You can get much newer Roku device and it comes with remote. 

Anyways if you want a used remote for 3500 stick, check ebay for RC03 remote. Its wifi remote that came with Roku 3 back 2013. It have built-in headphone jack, which is useless with 3500 stick, but it will pair with 3500 stick. And the volume key might work with your tv via cec. 

Edmund

0 Kudos
luluduffle
Channel Surfer

Hi, thanks but it used to work with the app and we did initially have remotes but they broke.

0 Kudos
Tivoburkee

You either changed internet credentials. or reset the Roku, in either case ytou now need a real remote to fix. I'm finished. 

Edmund

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.