Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Remote stopped working

Jump to solution

@Bdivinefaith 

Thanks for the post.

Please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number on the Roku device along with a summary of the issue you are experiencing. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Salbug247

Jump to solution

Remote stopped working and I did the trouble shooting. I cannot get the information on Roku enhanced remote as It doesn’t even let me get to home or to settings.  Changed batteries.  Need some serious help here. This Roku stick is only 6 months old.

[personal information removed]

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Salbug247 

Thanks for the post.

If you have done the troubleshooting steps provided by the Support links in my previous post and are still unable to resolve the issue, please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number/device ID on the Roku device along with a summary of the issue you are experiencing. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
markj1

Jump to solution

remote not working, replaced batteries in remote, checked trouble shooting, need help

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@markj1 

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide more information about the issue you are experiencing? What Roku model device are you using?

With more information we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
sambagata

Re: Remote stopped working on Roku Express

Jump to solution

It worked a few days ago. I put in fresh batteries as well as batteries I knew were good. It doesn't have a way for me to pair anything. I've tried unplugging and re-plugging. The white infrared light on the device is on, but the remote does nothing.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Remote stopped working on Roku Express

Jump to solution

@sambagata 

Thanks for the post.

Can you please clarify the issue you are experiencing? Please be aware that the remote that comes with the Roku Express is IR which does not require pairing as it works through direct line of sight from the remote to the Roku device.

For troubleshooting steps regarding your IR remote, visit our Support page here: How do I resolve problems with my Roku IR (infrared) remote?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
JenB0482

Re: Remote stopped working/faulty Roku from start

Jump to solution

I'm having the same problem. I have a 3810x streaming stick that has just **never** worked right.  Early on, it struggled to hold the wifi signal (and switching to other TVs has not worked).   It would lose the signal CONSTANTLY and just reset to the dumb roku screen. I couldn't even watch more than 5-10 minutes of anything.  Eventually, I managed to only have to reset it once a day.  I just lived with it. 

Now, it's even worse... The remote just refuses to pair.  I have tried every trick.... Turning off wifi, reset roku, pull batteries from remote.  Once I put new batteries in the remote, the greenbutton starts automatically blinking... But it never pairs. 

This Roku was bought during the lockdown in April or May, so it should have warranty left, although I no longer have the box.

I hope Danny sees this... I don't know how to PM you, but I really need help.  I own two other Rokus, including another streaming stick... And they have no problems... I just seemingly got a bad one. 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Stachilles

Jump to solution

My remote stopped working after working fine for 2.5 months. The problem is not the batteries, tried new ones, still no go.

Scott

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Remote stopped working/faulty Roku from start

Jump to solution

@JenB0482 

Thanks for the post.

For more information about how to send a PM, visit our Community post here: Welcome to the Community

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos