Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Remote stopped working

Jump to solution

@Joeryser 

Thanks for the post.

We would recommend taking a look at the troubleshooting steps offered on our Support pages here:
How do I set up my Roku® enhanced "point-anywhere" remote?
How do I resolve problems with my Roku® enhanced "point-anywhere" remote?

If you are still unable to resolve the issue, please send me a PM with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number of the Roku device from Settings>System>About along with a summary of the issue you are experiencing. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
shawgreen
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

i have a black roku streaming stick that will neither connect to the remote (reset button does nothing) nor my wireless network (Google Mesh).

SN: 5S673H152050

MAC: b0:ee:7b:b0:1b:3f

DIRECT-roku-050-FA96FA

suggestions?

0 Kudos
jtesta20

Jump to solution

I put new batteries in my remote for my Roku Streaming stick SN: 5556AJ288015.  It still does not work.  The roku stick works but the remote control does not.  Why don't you have a phone number or a chat that I can get help with.  This is the only way I have TV in my house. [personal information removed]

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@jtesta20 

Thanks for the post.

For troubleshooting steps regarding your remote, we would recommend taking a look at our Support page here: How do I resolve problems with my Roku® enhanced "point-anywhere" remote?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Dukemann

Jump to solution

Has any one figured out why the remote stop working all sudden or am I going to have to buy another remote

quiltingsistert
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I’ve been through all the prompts. read them all, tried all suggestions. Nothing is working to get my remote to work. please help

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@quiltingsistert 

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide us with more information regarding the issue you are experiencing? What Roku device model do you have? What troubleshooting steps have you done?

With more information we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
quiltingsistert
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

My remote is the one that came with my ROKU  It does not have a reset button. I have put in new batteries and plugged and unplugged my roku. Ghe Roku comes up on the tv but temote won’t work to use it. I appreciate your help

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

You still haven't supplied the requested information.  No remote has a reset button, but some have a pairing button.  What's the model number of the Roku?  If there's no button in the battery compartment then it's an IR remote.  You can check to see if it works by using the camera in your phone.  Point the remote at the camera and you should see a flash when you press a button.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Hi Roku Danny-

I tried all the steps in the article a few times and my remote for my 3600x is not working and I am not able to get my roku working on my tv because of it. You said to contact you if we still were not able to get our remote to work after using the steps in the article.

[personal information removed]

Thank you,
Brandy

0 Kudos