Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TorianEC
Streaming Star

Re: Remote stopped working—only works a couple seconds at a time,

Community update… one possible solution

If anyone has an iPhone with the current Apple update (17.1.1), there is a new (to me) app called "remote" on Apple. I suspect that this may have been causing some interference with my Roku remote.... (even though I try to keep the phone and my Roku remote away from one another..).

I don't know if this applies to anyone else, but I did the following:

On my IPhone 

1. Deleted the 'Remote' app.

2. Restarted my iPhone.

3. On my RokuUltra 2022, went to /system/remotes & devices and set up a new voice remote even though the one I had was already connected. It simply removed the original one and updated my remote.

4. I then went to settings/system/power/system restart on my Roku.

Since then, I have not had noticeable issues with connecting my Roku remote.

Hope this helps some folks and would appreciate feedback.

0 Kudos

Are you guys going to fix this ridiculous problem? The IR stops flashing intermittently. When it does work it only works sometimes. It’s obviously flashing when the volume works and isn’t flashing when it stops controlling your volume. This is second remote I’ve purchased that does the SAME thing. 

0 Kudos
RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Trip2Stephan,

Thanks for posting here in the Roku Community!

We're glad to assist you with your problem with your Roku remote. Please restart your Roku device by going to Settings > System > Power > System restart (if you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step). After the Roku player finishes restarting, if TV control has not been restored, set up your remote for TV control again by doing the following:

1. Navigate to Settings.
  2. Select Remotes & Devices.
  3. Select Remotes, followed by your remote.
  4. Select Set up remote for TV control.

Let us know how it goes; we'll gladly assist you further.

Kind regards,

Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos