Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuBen
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Remote skips or jumps over multiple channels

Jump to solution

@Brownfam641  have you tried the advice here and rebooted your Roku device?  If so, does that make the problem go away?

0 Kudos
Btltkt

Jump to solution

I’m not sure if you have resolved the issue but I unplugged my roku stick for 30 seconds plugged it back in and the skipping stopped. I have Wyze bulbs and have had them for a long time, that wasn’t the issue because the skipping issue just started. Maybe there was some update to the roku that started this issue? Unplugging it seemed to fix the issue. Let’s see how long it lasts.

joekam
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

I think you read the things I said. They dont always work. if your did them and they did not work, You should try deleting the channel app that is giving you a problem. This process worked for me on one channel app. TUBI was doing it. The only solution I found was to delete that channel and then reload it from the streaming Roku streaming store page. let me know if it helps. 

0 Kudos
joekam
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

It worked for me on my roku TV. I dont know about a stand alone Roku. However on my other tv with stand alone I did have problem with one channel TUBI.. I ended up deleteing the channel and then reloading it from channel store. that worked for that channel. 

0 Kudos
joekam
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

That is a very good solution. Unplugging ( unplugging power) is not the same as turning it off. Unplugging causes a complete channel data backup in the roku to be lost and when repowered it will reload each of the channels. Much better than deleting the channel and readding it.  This solution will work for a short period. possibly days. until Roku sends up its periodic updates . But that is a solution that will stop the problem. 

0 Kudos
Rr6
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

My new ir ROKU remote has random skips, like electronic echos, and it happens often and on every app and channel. It's totally unpredictable but does seem to happen the more I use the buttons, and seems to stop if I wait a few minutes and try again. It's terribly annoying abd didn't do any of this on my old roku remote. Is this their way of forcing us to buy another brand?? No help at all from ROKU.

0 Kudos
RoyElam
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Is it doing it on channel changes on volume changes or on both?

0 Kudos
joekam
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

pull the power plug on the roku and wait 10 - 20 seconds. then plug back in. It should go away. Dont turn power off with the remote it sones not clear the Roku memory.  Pull power plug ans wait. then plug back in. Let me know if it worked. It should if it is the ROKU software

0 Kudos
Brownfam641
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I unplugged and rebooted my Roku Ultra LT and it fixed the problem. Thank you all for the suggestions. 

RoyElam
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Hey, looks like a solution was found! 
Just unplug it for awhile. 
How old school is that? 
Gracias to the person who found that it worked!

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.