Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
grachuba
Reel Rookie

Re: Remote skips or jumps over multiple channels

Jump to solution

I had the same problem with skipping multiple channels AND the volume running up. I had no control over it. I solved this problem by resetting my remote. The procedure follows:

1. Remove the batteries from your remote.

2. Disconnect the TV from your power source.

3. Wait a full 60 seconds.

4. Plug the TV back in.

5. When the power on light on the unit comes on replace the batteries in the remote.

6. Remote should work normally.

Mine did.

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Same problem here.  We have (4) sticks on (4) TVs throughout our house, all with voice, and all but (1) is doing this very same thing!!!!  Cannot be the batteries as they are all only a couple months old.  Seems to be a design glitch?

0 Kudos
RokuBen
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

@Proverbs356yes, this is a device software issue we're investigating.  Does this still happen on your sticks if you remove their USB cable from a power source for a moment to reboot them?

0 Kudos
JPelletier

Jump to solution

I'm experiencing the same issue since a week or two. In roku menu it seems good but when using Plex channel, its a pain to select something, it keep skipping 2-3 items and pressing pause/play is also behaving like I was pressing twice or more

0 Kudos
barwood

Jump to solution

So how to you resolve the problem?

0 Kudos
RokuBen
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

@JPelletierand @barwood: Please reboot your device to clear up the bad state; you can do that by unplugging it from the power supply for a few second. After that, you shouldn't see the skipping anymore, although if you do, please post more details here including what model of device you're using and if you're connected by WiFi or Ethernet.

0 Kudos
tooltime51
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

It is worse than just channel skipping. It is duplicating any key press operation. I can press OK and it will act as a long press in Youtube and open the menu. I can press pause/play and it will pause and then resume play with a single press and vice versa. 

0 Kudos
Robalejr

Jump to solution

Removing the batteries from the remote and/or powering down the Roku stick solved this problem for me. 

0 Kudos
RoyElam
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

My original voice remote pro did the runaway problem on every button, I replaced it with another voice remote pro and it worked fine until a couple weeks ago. 
My remote now goes to max volume or to zero, I have to tap the button a few times to get it to a good volume level. 
I have reset my Roku Ultra (current model), unplugged it all night, ran setup again on the remote and insured the voice remote pro is fully charged. 
The channel change doesn’t run away, just the volume control. 
Voice remote pro does not have removable batteries.

0 Kudos
RokuBen
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

@RoyElamthay sounds like a different problem than the main one happening here. Are you using the remote to control the volume on your TV? If so, it's likely sending IR signals to the TV that are being misinterpreted.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.