Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jwehall
Channel Surfer

Re: Remote skips or jumps over multiple channels

Jump to solution

That worked. Thanks.

0 Kudos
Jwehall
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

It was skipping on every app, even on the home screen.  Unplugged and reboot seems to have worked. 

0 Kudos
RokuBen
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi, @Jwehall. How long ago did that skipping start for you?  Was it all-at-once or something that got worse over time?  Specifically, did you see skipping in apps before you saw skipping on the home screen?

We've been focusing on the application case in our investigations, but seeing it happen on the home screen and also cleaned up by a reboot is really interesting in figuring out the root cause.

0 Kudos
Jwehall
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Started in early July.  It happened all at once. Every screen and app would skip 2 or 3 times per button push.  I swapped remotes and the problem persisted as it was. Only after unplugging and rebooting at the advice of a member here in chat did the problem resolve. I haven't had issues since. 

0 Kudos
RokuBen
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Forgot to ask -- what device are you using (Roku model number)?  Do you have other devices at the same location and did you see it happen on them?

0 Kudos
Jwehall
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Model # 4630x  I have 4 other roku devices.  None are having this same issue. 

0 Kudos
EmAr

Jump to solution

I, too, had problems with the remote skipping over multiple channels, programs, categories, etc.  I unplugged the Roku streaming player from the HDMI port on the TV and the wall outlet. After waiting for about a minute and then plugging it back, the problem seems to be resolved.

0 Kudos
Nerdychembuff
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Mine is having the same issues with the skips. My roku also crashes and stops working multiple times today.

0 Kudos
RokuBen
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

@NerdychembuffCan you post your Roku model number?  When you say it crashes, it it exiting the channel to home screen or rebooting the device?

0 Kudos
Nerdychembuff
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Here are my specs of my Roku: Roku Streaming Stick 4K Model:3820R2 

When it crashes, nothing happens, the screen stays on the home page and the remote is unresponsive.

I reset the remote and the Roku as well. But it will become unresponsive again after a few minutes.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.