Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JimRK_user
Reel Rookie

Re: Remote skips or jumps over multiple channels

Jump to solution

Your "Press home button > scroll to click on settings > click on system > click on power > click system restart" instructions worked for me too. There was some updating going on according to the screen.

Also it may be important to note that my roku remote was only skipped around in certain app channels (netflix was fine, and roku home menu was working fine too)

0 Kudos
GMSteim
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Same problem. It happens every time I use it, every few minutes. I’ve noticed it on YouTube and YouTubeTV and the Roku guide. I’ve re-paired and restarted. My unit, a Roku stick, is running 12.5.0. 
As a bonus,  the volume and mute buttons randomly stop working, for 10 or 20 seconds, and then operate again. My last remote’s volume buttons did the same, which is why I bought this voice remote. 
That was clearly a mistake. It’s time to return this new remote. 

0 Kudos
Richard891
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I've rebooted my system many times.  This has no effect on the well documented remote skip / jump problem. 

Richard891
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Still working ?

0 Kudos
RoyElam
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

I unplug the Roku every week and pare the remote when it starts acting up, this routine keeps it usable.

0 Kudos
JimRK_user
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

it is still working.

streaming stick 4k model 3820rw sw 12.5.0 build 4178-cu

0 Kudos
CYCLNZ
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I rebooted two of my problematic Roku's weeks ago and have not seen the problem reoccur.

Belmer

Jump to solution

Mine is skipping in Netflix, Apple tv+, and Disney+

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

I have a roku 3 with a point anywhere remote (I think it's one a person can voice search but I'm not sure. I've never tried. and 2 32 inch TCL Roku TVs with non-speech remotes. They all do the same thing. They skip 2 or 3 apps/channels/rows/columns/selections at a time. They always have. The Roku remote app on my phone does the same. They are all a minimum of 1 yr apart. One is in the front of the house (living room) One is in the rear of the house (master bedroom) and the other is in the garage. They are far enough away from each other that they shouldn't be interfering with each other. Yes they are all on the same network. I have high speed internet and a newish netgear modem and newish netgear router. The firmware is up to date. I have power cycled and reset many times. Thas been going on for several years. Is there a fix for this yet? I'm sorry if I missed an answer posted earlier. I read through many of the posts. Thank you for your time and understanding with this older woman with cataracts. 

I don't do anything for it anymore. I've learned to live with it but it would be less frustrating if it behaved itself and did what it is supposed to do in the manner to which it was designed. 

0 Kudos
Bluya76
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I wish there was a fix, but for some reason Roku can't fix their problem. I say this, cause my 2 roku soundbars started doing this in May after the update. All the remedies / quick / short term fixes don't last. My Soundbars finally did a software update after Nov 1st, but it only made it worse. The quick fixes now don't last, and I'm constantly getting jumps in the home screen, Netflix, YouTube, Max, Starz, Prime, and so on. Extremely disappointing and frustrating. I've about given up on roku support, cause they continue to say the same options to resolve their problem with no resolution. I've got other roku tvs that do the same, just nothing as severe as the soundbars. 

0 Kudos