Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuBen
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Remote skips or jumps over multiple channels

Jump to solution

OK, this sounds like a RF communication issue with the remote control.  The Roku Streaming Sticks always have RF controls, because IR signals can't penetrate through the TV to the stick behind the screen.  This could be caused by noise in our 2.4Ghz or 5Ghz network or an issue with the actual remote control.

0 Kudos
Prez1
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

The fire stick will solve the problem but you will have to put up with the constant buffering.

0 Kudos
Vgatkinson1
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Ok this is a little above my head. My Roku remote has been working fine so it’s not the remote. Also if this were the case all the other Roku complaints on this thread would be having the same answer. 
your reply   “This could be caused by noise in our 2.4Ghz or 5Ghz network” doesn’t make sense to my answer. 
and what IS the answer to this problem???

0 Kudos
Sunnyplace

Jump to solution

I am having the same problem. I have tried new batteries with no success, unplugging Roku and giving time to reboot, restarting several times and nothing works. It’s making it almost impossible to watch tv through Roku. Please help.

Jump to solution

i called the Geek Squad it is fixed

0 Kudos
Vgatkinson1
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Yes!!! Same here. Can’t believe roku can not figure out the problem and resolve it without it taking months!! So frustrating. I come h9me from a stressful day to relax and watch tv.  NOT to have more stress and aggravation from trying to watch tv and it not work!!

0 Kudos
Vgatkinson1
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Agree. It’s terrible how we can’t enjoy sitting down to watch tv without being frustrated 

0 Kudos
Grandmaof4
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

What did the Geek Squad have you do?

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi Community users!

Thanks for posting here in the Roku Community!

We appreciate you for flagging this to us. The known skipping tile channel is often solved by performing a system restart by navigating to Settings > System > Power (skip if no sub-menu) > System Restart.

If this issue is not solved by performing a system restart, we want to assure you that our team is currently working on this issue for a total fix. 

We appreciate you bearing with us in the meantime.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Vgatkinson1
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Thank you for responding. I have tried Settings > System > Power (skip if no sub-menu) > System Restart many times. Sometimes it works but for only a few mins, or a few hours.  Sometimes when I’ve done this it has not helped at all. It will still do the skipping. 

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.