Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jekel
Channel Surfer

Re: Remote skips or jumps over multiple channels

Jump to solution

Yes.

I have two Hisense roku TVs and one does it...with either remote.

I also have two premier boxes, all up front and both do the same...no matter what remote.

With all units the App works fine, other than draining phone battery pretty quickly...but why have a remote I paid for if I am forced to use the App?

There is no fix and no help other than the standard, reconnect, re-login, reset everything, check cables...

Which given it is on 3 of the 4 units I have, these are not the issues.

I even have different accounts for some.

Good luck.

0 Kudos
jekel
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Let me add this...

I am not a paying customer, meaning no paid account, just the free service of streaming.

I am curious if the MANY having this same issue are not paying as well.

That would make sense. Would not be good but after trying many combinations...I have no other theory.

BTW, I was asked...I am a computer tech, electronic tech since the early 80's, and ham radio operator as well. I am well versed in service diagnostics on all kinds of systems from the board components to the software.

I will say, the App works without issue...so far.

I have had these roku units for over a year and this is a new issue...at least for me.

Have a good one.

0 Kudos
RokuBen
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

@jekel wrote:

Yes.

I have two Hisense roku TVs and one does it...with either remote.

I also have two premier boxes, all up front and both do the same...no matter what remote.

With all units the App works fine, other than draining phone battery pretty quickly...but why have a remote I paid for if I am forced to use the App?

There is no fix and no help other than the standard, reconnect, re-login, reset everything, check cables...

Which given it is on 3 of the 4 units I have, these are not the issues.

I even have different accounts for some.

Good luck.

You shouldn't need to re-login to anything.  With what we know about the bug so far, a simple disconnect power and reboot should be sufficient to make it go away.  If you're seeing this happen immediately after a reboot, that's a new wrinkle that might have useful information.

What's been very frustrating for us as Roku system developers is that we see people like you who have it happening on multiple devices and multiple accounts and yet we've found it impossible to recreate the problem on our internal devices.

jekel
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Yes on...Pluto. History channel. Tubi. Plex. Vudu. Roku channel. PBS Kids...

Yes at the sign in pop up (I have no accounts for these)..."Let's Create your account"  pop up, on Hulu,  Disney...

No on...Home page. Fawesome. Live TV (roku), Antenna TV, XumoPlay, Smithsonian Channel...

Sorry this is all I have time for today. Hope it helps.

JKL

jekel
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Have you tried at your homes?

Off your "closed or direct Network" perhaps.

Mine are the simple remotes and the TV remotes with power and volume controls (Hisense TV but Roku remotes).

The interesting part is this does not seem to happen with the App remote control.

Keep us up to date please.

JKL

Kandiland
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I went to settings a did a restart and so far so good....everything seems to be working fine.

Thanks

0 Kudos
CoffeeHound
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

@RokuBen wrote:

@CharlieRutledge wrote:

(specifically netflix, amazon, and pbs- perhaps others but definitely those).

That's very interesting for our investigation -- we'd not seen Netflix or Amazon mentioned as channels affected by this before.  Those are built using a different programming model from the usual BrightScript-based channel, so we didn't think they were affected.  Thanks for posting.

I have a super old, non-smart TV with a Roku Ultra device. I had problems with the arrow key as well, on every streaming app I tried (thinking it might be app-specific), but it was most extreme on PBS, BritBox, Sundance Now, HBO. Once I power cycled my device and re-paired the remote, the problem resolved. I first noticed the problem about 7/12/23.

The apps affected were Netflix, Acorn, Hulu as well as the ones listed above. Glad y'all are looking into it.

0 Kudos
Mollyroxx
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Mine is doing this inly on paramount plus and now Starz channel. So I bought a new remote. It's still doing it. I can't even cancel my showtime because of this. I thought maybe it needed an update. But I'm assuming I need a new Roku instead . But with the writers strike I may just wait. 

0 Kudos
Mollyroxx
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Can I ask why after all this time and it's been over a 1 would it now be a power supply issue ? 

0 Kudos
CYCLNZ
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I have had this issue for the last month or two on the ESPN app and the ROKU Live TV app. I hadn't noticed on any other app. The same problem appeared roughly the same time with a Roku Ultra in my primary home and a Roku Express 4K in my secondary home. 

I restarted the Ultra in my primary home via the system menu and it is now working. I assume the same will be true when I do it at my secondary home.

I suspect this has been an issue since the last software update and a restart was all that was required. At least I hope so.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.