Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
VA1DER
Binge Watcher

Re: Remote skips or jumps over multiple channels

Jump to solution
  • Roku device is powered through the provided USB block.
  • Problems most often happen in one app, BritBox, but will sometimes occur with others.  There is little rhyme or reason to when it happens.
  • To troubleshoot I have re-paired the remote (no effect), changed the remote batteries (no effect), and added an HDMI extension to bring the Roku device around from behind the TV (reduction in occurrences).  When problems occur restarting the Roku will often stop them for a while.

The HDMI extension had a positive effect, from almost always happening sometime during a session to once every two or three sessions.

0 Kudos
Paul_M_17
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Me too, tried with 3 different controllers. Disconnected the Ultra because it feels hot. Waited 2 or 3 minutes, when I reconnected it's working well. I think these units need more cooling vents or fan or something. This is not the first problem that allowing the Ultra to cool, corrected the problem.

hippyrich

Jump to solution

I tested out the remote on my android phone worked fine. the remote with my lt ultra still was skipping so i tried repairing it by disconnecting the power from the remote waited 5 second reconnected and plugged it back in and hit the repair button on the back side inside the battery compartment and help it until the green lights started to blink. then the repairing showed on my tv and after it worked fine no more skips. to everyone else having this problem please try this fix before shelling out cash for a new remote. 

tresed

Jump to solution

I have a voice remote that skip channels . Is there anything I should do? I have put in fresh batteries but did not make any difference.

Jump to solution

My remote of a number years just started doing this, nothings changed in the surrounding. Done all the other stuff.  What’s the fix?

blueskies777
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

My fix was a new remote.  My old one was still under warranty. 

I had previously tried everything posted in this thread. Nothing worked.

My hunch is something inside simply breaks down. 

0 Kudos
Rosa44
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I have the same problem that just started today.  I have two remotes and they are both doing this.  That must mean it is not the remote itself. I changed the batteries in the one and it still was a problem. 

mneely
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Same with me.  Two Roku Ultras, both started skipping this morning.  This has to be update-related.

Paul_M_17
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

agree. so I suspect there will be another update real soon.

VA1DER
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

This has to be update-related.

I'm not 100% convinced.  I notice that at times when the direction keys and FF/PAUSE/REW keys are fluttering that the TV volume control also does.  I press volume up once and it goes up 4 or 5 notches on one quick press, then one on the next, then two or three.  At times when the rest of the remote buttons are fine, the TV volume control is also fine, with one quick press being one notch on the volume every time.

TV volume works completely different from the other keys - it's infrared, the other keys are a radio link to the Roku.

I think it's a problem with the remotes.  If an update is contributing to the issue, then maybe the Roku's OS had always been filtering button-bounces out before and an update changed that behaviour.  But more and more I'm convinced the problem is in the remote itself.  I am doing a little more testing, but I think I'll be involving Roku support soon to ask for a new remote.

0 Kudos