Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Remote pinging won’t stop

I am having the same issue. 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Remote_Gremlin
Thanks for the post.

If you are still unable to resolve the issue, can you please provide the serial number of your Roku device from Settings>System>About? I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Shocksauce

Mine also will not stop would just like to PM someone to fix the issue 

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Shocksauce,

Thanks for reaching out to the Roku community!

I'd be happy to take a closer look to see how we can help.

Can you please provide the serial number of your Roku device from Settings>System>About? As well as any additional information that we can check to help you resolve the issue. 

Once we have this information, I'll be able to pass it along to our Support team who can assist you further.

Regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Ls0324

All, I had the same issue, and I solved it by: unplugging the ROKU box, and then took the batteries out of the remote.  I let them both sit, and - plugged the box back in after a minute, and I waited another minute or two for the remote.  Problem solved!!!!

0 Kudos
Llsedona

How do i send you a private message?  2 days ago my remote started pinging and goes off every few seconds.

0 Kudos
Llsedona

First my roku remote stopped turning on the roku device when i started tv.  I was forced to turn it on manually.  Then after several times of trying to pair it started working again gphowever that was also when the constant pinging started.  I dont know what to do anymore.  I tried all reccomendations to fix the pinging and the only way it stops is if my remote does not pair up to my tv.  I had this for a year without any issues.  It paired perfectly and no pinging.  What has changed?  Did you update something?

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Llsedona

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide the serial number of your Roku device from Settings>System>About? I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Momof_2Cbabies
Reel Rookie

Just purchased the Roku voice pro remote. Got tried of changing batteries with the simple remote. But the pinging won’t stop until it’s being charged. I have repair and unpaired it to the tv. I also reset the tv. Any advice only had the remote for about a week now. 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Momof_2Cbabies

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide more information about the issue you are experiencing? Why is the remote pinging?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos