Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Remote pinging won’t stop

@htimsda 

Thanks for editing your post and updating how your issue was resolved.  Much appreciated!

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos
MrTeach

Hi Danny, 

We are currently experiencing the same issue.  We "pinged" the remote to find it and now, no matter what we do, the remote will continually ping.  We have removed the batteries but, even as we use the online remote, the notification will come up in the corner of the screen stating that it is currently pinggang . What other information will you need to assist with this? 

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

@MrTeach, did you use the button on the device to initiate the pinging?  Is it stuck?  Have you restarted your Roku?  Unplug the power cord for several seconds and plug it back in.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
MrTeach

I used the app to ping it originally. I have unplugged everything and left them without power for a long time.  Nothing seems to be working. 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@MrTeach

Thanks for the post.

If you are still unable to resolve the issue, can you please provide the serial number of your Roku device from Settings>System>About? I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Candice406

can somebody please help me get my remote to stop pinning ?it will not quit? I've tried taking out the batteries ,repairing it to the tv, charging the sound & everything

0 Kudos
rlrjupiter
Binge Watcher

Try fiddling with the side button on base.   Or do what I did by lifting unit a few inches and dropping.   A good rap fixed my annoying pings.   I suspect a bad switch or cold solder joint is the real issue.   My constant ping stopped after that.  

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Candice406

Thanks for the post.

I have responded to the PM that you have sent me and will continue to assist you from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
DanSc

I temporarily cleared the ringing by pressing the OK button, then pinged I again when it wasn't ringing so it would reset the loop. That seemed to work 🙂

0 Kudos
niacin118

Hi I had the same problem.. go to your options in Roku and go to settings. Then system.. then go to power and hit system restart . Problem fixed