Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tylert8
Channel Surfer

Remote not working and seeing battery is low

Hello,

I just replaced my batteries to my Roku remote. I continue to see a "low battery" icon at the top of my screen and the remote does not work well anymore. Can someone please help me in getting this fixed?

8 REPLIES 8
1zodiac
Roku Guru

Re: Remote not working and seeing battery is low

try this, if you remote has it,next to the batteries...hold on the button.

green light will flash.

hard reset roku.(unplug and plug).

Rocko9999
Binge Watcher

Many units having the same issue. What model is yours? 

0 Kudos
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @tylert8 and @Rocko9999,

Thanks for letting us know about the issues you're running into with your remote.

Would you mind identifying the remote first so we can provide an accurate resolution? You can refer to this support article here. Also, what Roku device do you currently have? Lastly, how is he powering his Roku device?

With more specific details, we'll be able to assist further.

Thanks,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Rocko9999
Binge Watcher

Mine is Ultra 4800X

Remote is RC691

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Rocko9999,

Thanks for keeping us posted!

We understand how important it is to have a working remote when using our Roku device. We will be more than happy to take a closer look into this issue that you're experiencing. Could you tell us how long you charged the Roku remote? When did the issue start? What troubleshooting steps have you taken so far?

We look forward to hearing from you soon.

Best regards,
John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Rocko9999
Binge Watcher

Batteries are not rechargeable, but new alkaline. Problem started about 4 months ago and has gotten progressively worse. Steps have been hard reset Roku, unpair, repair remote, reboot Roku multiple times, new batteries. Nothing works. When unpairing/repairing the remote works for a few minutes before the battery icon starts appearing constantly. 

0 Kudos
Robo1956

My charger is doing nothing, no Green light. I have tried what seems like everything. All I get is low battery on screen. I have bought a new remote but it is different. I am sure it will pair to my Roku TV I just haven't used it yet.

0 Kudos
1zodiac
Roku Guru

all 3 work on players.

i have all 3,just because i have 2 extra.

if you got the 'simple remote',you made a mistake.

it doesn't have RF and may not work on tv's.

with no RF,it doesn't need to be paired.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.