Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Remote not pairing - always blinking

@ParrT

Thanks for the update.

If you are still unable to resolve the issue you are experiencing, please send me a PM (private message) with your Roku account email address, and include the serial number/device ID on the Roku device along with a summary of the issue you are experiencing. I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
delyle
Reel Rookie

I have two roku sticks and a remote for each one (kitchen and den). The den remote stopped working. Tried the battery fix and that worked the first time. It started happening again and none of the suggested fixes work and that remote now has the constant pairing blinking. I thought I see if my other working remote (kitchen) could be paired to the den streaming stick. It wouldn't pair and now that remote is stuck in the blinking pairing mode and can't be paired back to the kitchen Roku stick.

So far on this community thread I've nothing indicating a resolution. 

Note to self: don't buy another Roku device!

David

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@delyle

Thanks for the post.

Please send me a PM (private message) with your Roku account email address, and include the serial numbers/device IDs on the Roku devices. I'll be able to pass along the information to our Support team who can assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
amb1
Reel Rookie

How do we PM you, when go to your page it says unavailable and no way to message you.

0 Kudos
Hjg
Reel Rookie

This is happening to me and it worked fine yesterday. I went through all the trouble shooting and nothing worked 

0 Kudos
delyle
Reel Rookie

The support analyst suspected the remote was bad so the sent me a new one. That didn't work so they sent me an entire replacement stick and remote. Naturally that fixed it. Check web sight and talk with support. You'll have to lie when selecting the phone options as only a few will get you to a live person. Good luck.

0 Kudos
Hjg
Reel Rookie

I spoke to a person and they said my remote was faulty and then left the chat 🙄

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Hello @Hjg

We're sorry to hear about your experience – that is not what we aim for.

Have you tried performing a factory reset to your Roku device? If not, we suggest giving it a shot. Once done, re-pair your remote then let us know if the issue persists. Feel free to follow the instructions below if you need help with the reset.

1. On the back or bottom of each Roku device is a reset button. On some devices, there is a tactile button, while other devices have a pinhole button.
  2. If your device has a pinhole button, you will need a paperclip to perform the factory reset.
  3. Once the reset button is located and your Roku device is powered on, press and hold the reset button firmly for about 10 seconds. The indicator light or status LED will blink rapidly on most Roku devices when the factory reset is complete.

For steps on how to pair your remote to your Roku player, please visit this link: How do I resolve issues with my Roku® voice remote?

Please keep us posted!

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
lakrow
Reel Rookie

Same thing happening here with a new Roku Streaming Stick+ 3810X, I just received yesterday. The Roku starts, gets to the choose language screen, then goes to the 3 step “Pair your remote” instructions screen. Putting the batteries into the remote, RC-EL1, starts the flashing green pairing light immediately, which stops after some mins.

I’ve tried everything in your support pages and suggestions that can be done from this initial pairing screen - reboot, unplug, remove batteries, change batteries, change to remote from older stick, hard reset (holding reset doesn’t seem to do anything different from regular reset), trying various things in different order, holding the pair button after the light stops blinking (it starts, again, immediately on pressing the button), etc. Nothing.

I’ve read this whole thread and wanted to add some things I’ve found. My remote, RC-AL2, from my older stick, 3800X, still pairs with the older stick. Interesting thing is that the RC-EL1 remote that came with the new 3810X pairs with the older stick, too, so there’s no problem with either remote. Both pair with the old stick, neither pair with the new stick. This suggests the pairing problem is with the stick (3810X), not the remote.

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Hello @lakrow

Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

For further assistance, please reply here with the serial number or device ID of the affected Roku player. It can be found at the back of the stick itself.

We look forward to hearing from you soon.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos