Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Disgusted1
Reel Rookie

Remote mute, volume and other buttons suddenly stop working. I'd like a replacement remote.

See most recent post below earlier replies.

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
Disgusted1
Reel Rookie

Re: Volume Control stops working. I want a replacement remote.

UPDATE: I sprayed some volume control cleaner into the remote and it SEEMS to have fixed the problem, although it had been intermittent (yet no less annoying).

0 Kudos
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Hi @Disgusted1,

Thanks for reaching out to the Roku community!

We are glad to hear that the issue with the volume control on your remote seems to have been resolved. However, if you still experience any difficulties, please do not hesitate to reach out to us. We would be happy to help you further. 

For future reference, you may also refer to this link: How to fix your Roku voice or simple remote that is not working

Regards,
Nimfa

0 Kudos
Disgusted1
Reel Rookie

I rescind my previous reply. This remote is possessed and I would like a replacement.

I was watching live TV on Hulu and pressed the Mute button. As was the case many times before, it did not work. Neither did the volume up or down buttons. Or the even the Power button. After about a minute, I was able to exit Hulu and then relaunch Hulu, but the Mute and Volume buttons still would not work. Only then did the Power button work. When powered back up, the remote worked again.

I am tired of this and want a replacement remote. Is a rechargeable remote available? I'm also sick of replacing batteries so often.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

@Disgusted1

Thanks for getting back to us. 

Sorry to hear that the issue occurs. Have you tried to re-pair the remote and see if it helps? Aside from restarting your Roku device, what troubleshooting steps have you already taken to try to resolve the issue? Can you please provide the serial number of your Roku device paired to your Roku remote from Settings > System > About?

If you wish to upgrade to Roku Voice Remote Pro, you can purchase one on our Products page. To learn more about this remote, visit this link: Getting to know your Roku Voice Remote Pro.

Keep us posted.

Regards, 
Nimfa

0 Kudos