Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jimmyzzz
Reel Rookie

Remote freezes and status light goes green

I have a Voice Remote with standard batteries (without pairing button) which is paired with a Roku Express 4K+.  Once in a while the remote will freeze up and the status light by the power button glows a steady green.  To unfreeze the remote, I have to remove a battery and reinstall it.  What is the problem?

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Remote freezes and status light goes green

Hi @jimmyzzz,

Thanks for making your first post here in the Roku Community.

Could you tell us how long you have been experiencing this issue? Have you tried repairing your remote and see if that helps?

Please tell us more about this so that we can further assist you.

Best regards,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
jimmyzzz
Reel Rookie

I've had the equipment for only 10 days.  I  haven't repaired the remote.  How do I do that?

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thanks for letting us know, @jimmyzzz.

Refer to our Support article to help you on How to pair your Roku voice remote. In addition, if your remote freezes again, please try to reset it by pressing and holding the Back and Home button simultaneously for about 30 seconds. After doing so, re-pair it again. 

Furthermore, you can also install our Roku mobile app as an alternative to your physical remote. It works well with all Roku streaming devices and has a private listening feature. 

Let us know if the issue persists, and we'll go from there. 

Kind regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
jimmyzzz
Reel Rookie

When you asked if I repaired the remote I thought you meant if I fixed the remote.  I now see you meant if I paired the remote again.  Yes I did and so far the problem has not occurrred.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.