Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Njsaw1
Reel Rookie

Remote doesn't have headphone jack question

Just purchased Roku Stream Stick 4K. I thought the supplied remote had a headphone jack to plug my Iphone headphones in when I want to watch something late at night and not wake my neighbor. To my dismay, the remote does not. The workaround is downloading the Roku remote on my Iphone and, choosing the headphone feature there. Here's the issue: if I go to listen to a Tik Tok video, YouTube video, Instagram reel or anything with audio on my Iphone, the audio from the Roku stream gets stepped on and is cut out until I return to solely the Roku audio stream. That stinks. Now, the next question is: if I purchase the Roku remote that has a headphone jack built in (for an additional $30), and use that for headphone listening, I can do both watch YouTube videos and the rest at the same time, correct? The Roku and my Iphone will be independent of each other I assume.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Remote doesn't have headphone jack question

Greetings from the Roku Community, @Njsaw1!

We appreciate you for bringing this to our attention. We'd be happy to provide further information about the Roku Mobile app and how it works.

Please be informed that the private listening feature of the Roku mobile app is completely free. Also, your phone and the remote's private listening will be independent of each other.

For more information about this, we have a support article dedicated to this: How to install the Roku mobile app

We hope you find this information helpful.

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Remote doesn't have headphone jack question

@Njsaw1, the answer is yes your phone and the remote's private listening will be independent of each other.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos