Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RBE31
Reel Rookie

Remote batteries draining quickly

I’ve seen many with this problem but have yet to see any solutions. My remote is about 2 years old, and currently the batteries are lasting approximately 72 hours before having to replace them. I hardly even use it but would be nice to have it work when I want to watch TV. Model is: RC691. Please assist.

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
RokuLianna
Retired Moderator

Re: Remote batteries draining quickly

Hi @RBE31

Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

Please reply here with the serial number of the Roku device associated with the affected remote. It can be viewed by navigating to Settings > System > About. In addition, this can be found on the back of the stick itself. We'll be able to further assist you from there.

Warm regards,
Lianna

0 Kudos
RBE31
Reel Rookie

Hello,

The serial# is X016000NE1UJ

Thank you
0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

@RBE31 

Thanks for the reply.

Please be aware that your device is no longer under warranty. If you need a replacement remote for your Roku device, you can purchase a compatible remote on our Products page here: Roku Accessories

For more information about our device warranty, visit our Support page here: Player warranty and license agreement

We appreciate your understanding.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
RBE31
Reel Rookie

Okay, but what is causing this to happen? Is it going to happen again in a year or two? Electronically, which I’m fairly well-versed in, it doesn’t make sense that a remote would suddenly start draining batteries this quickly. Please refer me to a supervisor that can assist in diagnosing the problem that appears to be happening to many people. 

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

@RBE31 

Appreciate the response.

We'll have a member of our Support team reach out to you via email. They will continue assisting you from there and provide a resolution to this issue.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos