Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SusieM

Remote Stuck on Sling app

We were using our Roku and this same issue happened, stuck on Sling.  Did all the suggestions and nothing worked.  Do we need a new remote or a new Roku?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Remote Stuck on Sling app

@SusieM, it's most likely the remote.  You may have a dirty or stuck button.  Try leaving the batteries out of the remote (assuming it's not the rechargeable remote) and using the Roku mobile app as a remote.  If the problem goes away, you'll know it's the remote.

Roku Mobile App - Free for iOS® or Android™ | Roku

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos

Re: IR Remote - automatically goes to Sling and stays stuck on that screen

This is happening to me too. I’ve unplugged the Roku, taken out batteries and tried in another room. What is the solution? I don’t even watch sling ever. 

0 Kudos
Nikkilol13

This is happening to my daughter’s TV. I’ve unplugged it, taken the batteries out of the remote, used the phone remote, removed Sling and it now keeps asking me to download it.  Help!

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

@Nikkilol13, my guess would be that something is sending a signal to the TV that's getting interpreted as the Sling button.  Sunlight, fluorescent lights, or another remote with a stuck button can all cause interference.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

We're grateful to have you here in the Roku Community, @Nikkilol13.

Thank you for bringing up the issue with the button function on your Roku remote. I'm here to help and can provide you with further information.

In addition to what our Roku Streaming expert provided above, it might be possible that your Roku remote's Sling shortcut button is stuck. Also, does this remote come with your Sharp or TCL Roku TV? If either of the two, I highly suggest directly raising this concern with them as this might need a replacement.

You may reach them here:

We hope you find this information helpful. Feel free to reach out if you have further questions or need any assistance. I'd be happy to help. 

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.