Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Remote Right arrow button Roku Streaming Stick Remote

Hi @tilghmac,

Thanks for sharing your report about this here in the Roku Community!

We'd be glad to assist and already dropped you a PM about this.

Regards,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Junior19

I have a problem with two of my Roku devices.  I purchased 5 Roku Streaming Sticks and 1 Roku Ultra. 

On one of the Streaming Sticks the right arrow button has to be pressed very hard and will then only work inadvertently. Sometimes jumps two spots at once.  Everything else on the two remotes works fine.  On my Roku Ultra, the same thing is an issue with that remote.  The right arrow button has to be pressed very hard and only moves after much frustration.  

These are both almost completely new remotes.  I am an engineer and have done everything that has been suggested before calling, chatting, or asking for help.  I have changed batteries, reset the remotes, disconnected all the cables, etc.  I have also read all the blogs and know this is a design issue or else the right arrow key/button is faulty.  Please help me get my two device remotes replaced.  Thank you.

0 Kudos
JackStone
Reel Rookie

Please try signing in at https://my.roku.com/ and sending a note to ROKU. They were receptive to replacing the remote when, as you have, I confirmed having followed all troubleshooting steps without success. Good luck!

0 Kudos
Junior19

to JackStone, ok will do!  Thank you for the help!

0 Kudos
Cradle
Reel Rookie

Right arrow button on remote sticking

I got our Roku just a few months ago (July 2023) and the right arrow button on the Roku voice remote sticks. You have to push the button very hard for it to work.

We use the Roku at an office to show educational videos to clients, but it's very frustrating and embarrassing to all of us that the remote does not work smoothly. Frankly, it makes us look unprofessional. We only use the Roku at most 5 times a day, 3 days a week. 

I have tried replacing the batteries and rebooting the Roku and troubleshooting. It still doesn't work. I refuse to take the remote apart to try to fix it from the inside because I don't want to accidently break it. 

Next steps please? Send me a new remote? 

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Right arrow button on remote sticking

@Cradle-

Your original remote should have a one year warranty.  Warranty claim instructions: https://support.roku.com/article/208757058

[Edit: when they ask for serial number, for remote issues they want the serial number from the Roku, not the remote.  You can find it via Settings > System > About.]

If you need a replacement remote while waiting for Roku to respond, you should be able to find a Roku Voice Remote that will control a Roku Streaming Stick for about $20 at a local Wal-Mart, Target, Best Buy, etc.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
RokuBernie-D
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Cradle

A warm welcome to the Roku Community!

Thanks for letting us know all that you've done! We appreciate the troubleshooting steps you've taken so far. No worries! We're here to help.

Please check your inbox; we sent you a private message.

We look forward to your response.

Warm regards,
Bernie

Bernie D.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Cradle
Reel Rookie

I am not seeing a private message in my inbox. Do you click on the mail symbol in the top right hand corner?

0 Kudos