Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mobius187
Binge Watcher

Re: Remote Not Pairing with Roku Streaming Stick 4K

I reached out to Roku Support and confirmed the reason why the remote never arrived when I was provided the following information:

"As I checked the last ticket that you had, I'm sorry, but the last representative wasn't able to process the remote. The ticket wasn't assigned to the correct team, and definitely this is the reason why you were unable to receive a Roku remote."

I asked for the support ticket#, just in case I needed to expedite communicating with them again and was provided it. They informed me I would receive an email from Roku confirming the shipment of the new remote.

0 Kudos
Mobius187
Binge Watcher

I was advised over the weekend that an email would be sent to me on Monday, once the replacement Roku remote was shipped. It's Tuesday now... and no email. Seems like I'll need to contact Roku Support and have another chat.

0 Kudos
Mobius187
Binge Watcher

After chatting with Roku Support apparently there is no email sent out? Not sure how that was confused. However, I was provided with a FedEx tracking# and the new remote is en route and should arrive August 1. So in 2 days I'll find out if the new remote fixes the pairing issue.

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi, @Mobius187.

Thank you for keeping us updated here in the Roku Community. Rest assured that we are also closely monitoring your Support tickets.

Feel free to contact us if there's anything else we can assist with. We'd be more than happy to continue doing so. 

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Mobius187
Binge Watcher

Well, I think there might be a problem, as FedEx is delaying the package delivery and reporting the following for the tracking number:

"The payor of duties, taxes and fees will be responsible for any applicable Clearance Entry Fees (CEF) and other import fees."

I assume Roku can only ship from the United States and have no facilities in Canada? If the package arrives and I'm expected to pay a fee, then I'll simply send it back. As I purchased Roku via Amazon Canada I think I should have returned/replaced it ~2 weeks ago using Amazon's system and saved myself the trouble.

0 Kudos
Mobius187
Binge Watcher

To confirm, Amazon Canada is sending a replacement (entire unit, not just the remote) with a target delivery date of tomorrow before 10 PM EST. I just need to return the defective unit, which I'll do once the new one arrives and I can use its Amazon box. I'll advise whether or not this fixes the issue I experienced.

0 Kudos
Mobius187
Binge Watcher

To confirm, Amazon sent the new Roku device and remote. While the green light was blinking on the remote after I installed its batteries, like before, this time I noticed the TV screen did NOT attempt to display the "How you pair the remote and device" 3-step instructions. So I pressed the Home and Back buttons, counted to 5 or so, and a message popped up saying it was attempting to pair... and then it did!

I finished the setup with no issue.

On a side note, a day later (Friday) the Roku remote the Roku services offered did arrive and without any fees. I'll keep the remote just in case I encounter any future issues. But I wanted to report that both solutions I pursued did have positive outcomes in the end (for anyone else who encounters the same problem).

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.