Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
FranklinJ
Binge Watcher

Remote Left arrow problem

When I press the left arrow button on my Roku, the screen freezes, goes to blue, and then reboots with the Roku logo on the TV and  then returning to the Home Screen. Has this happened to you?

Is it the remote or the Roku device?

I have a 4802X Roku Ultra. I run it in IR mode, although it is CEC capable. 

0 Kudos
11 REPLIES 11
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Remote Left arrow problem

A warm welcome here in the Roku Community, @FranklinJ!

We appreciate you letting us know about your concern with the left arrow button on your Roku remote and we're here to find you the best resolution possible.

Before we proceed, may we know if this happens during playback (specify the channel) or even when you are navigating to your Home screen? Also, is this the remote that comes with your Roku Ultra streaming player? 

In the meantime, you can press and hold the Back and Home buttons simultaneously for about 30 seconds to reset your remote. After doing so, re-pair it again. 

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
FranklinJ
Binge Watcher

“In the meantime, you can press and hold the Back and Home buttons simultaneously for about 30 seconds to reset your remote. After doing so, re-pair it again.”

yeah  I do that a lot.  Or it just reboots itself.  This is during playback 

0 Kudos
FranklinJ
Binge Watcher

“In the meantime, you can press and hold the Back and Home buttons simultaneously for about 30 seconds to reset your remote. After doing so, re-pair it again. “

Yeah  I do that a lot  or it just reboots itself. 

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

@FranklinJ,

Thanks for the update and for the effort on the doing the troubleshooting.

We'd like to add and see if you try using the Roku mobile app as a remote, do you also see this behavior?

If you need help with the Roku mobile app setup, you can refer to our support page here: How to use the Roku mobile app as a remote.

Please keep us posted!

Regards,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
FranklinJ
Binge Watcher

Using the Roku mobile app on my iPhone 15+, iPhone 8+ and iPhone 8 is perfect every time!

I have requested a replacement with an RCS01r as I have not read any errors with that model. I was promised it would be in the mail last Friday by Arun with a tracking number. On Saturday, I was promised it would be in the mail Monday with a tracking number. On Monday, I was promised by Loki it would go out Monday night, and he would personally take responsibility to send me an email with a tracking number. It is now Wednesday, and the only notice I have received is a note asking “how did we do?”  I will reserve judgement until I get a tracking number, from Roku, from Loki,  and a product in my hand. 

0 Kudos
FranklinJ
Binge Watcher

Mobile app on my iPhone works fine. 
some features are missing or I can’t find them, and that’s why I want a fully working remote. I have asked for an RCS01r, as I have not heard problems on that model. 

0 Kudos
FranklinJ
Binge Watcher

Mobile app on my iPhone works fine. iPhone 15+, iPhone 8+, iPhone 8. 
some features are missing or I can’t find them, and that’s why I want a fully working remote. I have asked for an RCS01r, as I have not heard problems on that model. 
on Friday march 29, Arun said it would be in the mail that night. On Saturday, I was told the RCS01r would be in the mail Monday. On Monday, Loki said it would be in the mail that night. That he would take personal responsibility to sending me the tracking number and ROKU would send me the tracking number. All I have received is email saying “how did our tech support do?” Do I lie and say “great.”  Or do I reserve judgement until I get a tracking number and then an RCS01r in my hand?

0 Kudos
FranklinJ
Binge Watcher

RC917 - doesn’t fully charge

After numerous promises of replacement remote delivery - or at least a tracking number, an RC917 came in the mail.
But I requested an RCS01r as a replacement remote. My friends experience with an RC917 has been they don’t charge up to 100% no matter which USB power source to which they are connected. 
My experience with RC795 was “strange button behavior.”
After promises and disappointments with getting the product ship or a tracking number I can folllow, the remote arrived. Not an RCS01r or RCS795, but an RCS917. And it does not charge to 100%. No matter what the charging source.  The best I can get is 97% which quickly goes down. 

What will it take to receive and RCS01r?  I will gladly send back the RC917, so a proper autopsy can be performed on the charging circuits and battery. 

0 Kudos
FranklinJ
Binge Watcher

RC917 does not fully charge. Discharges rapidly.

April4, 2024: I Spoke to Sol. She said she would replace the defective RC917 remote replacement with an RCS01r in 3-5 days and send me the tracking number. The RC917 does not charge to 100% and discharges. Rather Quickly. 

Sooooo… Sol said she would send me a tracking number.
Does Roku even send tracking numbers?
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.