Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Remote Control Battery Pop Up

Jump to solution

Thanks for posting here in the Roku Community, @chagerty8!

Please be informed that the team is currently investigating the Battery notification that is randomly popping up on your TV screen. 

If you are experiencing the same issue, I suggest resetting your remote by pressing and holding the Back and Home buttons simultaneously for about 20 seconds. After doing so, pair it again to see if this will help resolve the pop-up notification.

If the issue persists, kindly provide me with the specific Roku player this remote is connected to. If this remote was purchased separately, kindly let me know if this is a Roku Voice Remote 1st or 2nd generation so I can include your device in the investigation and correction process. Perhaps the Device ID of it would do. (Settings > System > About)

I'll be looking forward to your response.

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Krammatt
Binge Watcher

Re: Remote Control notification with battery keeps popping up (REPORT DATE 4.02.2024)

Jump to solution

Ok.  It is now June and no help from Roku.  Also, no response from Roku.  How's that search for an answer to the problem going?

mrmikemartin
Reel Rookie

Remote Control notification pops up on screen constantly

Jump to solution

I see this issue has been poste on several times but no resolve has been posted.

I have the Roku Express 4k and I'm getting the remote battery power icon displaying on my screen constantly in the upper right corner. Is there a way to turn it off? It's very annoying and distracting.

I had remotes, and now a 3rd because I thought something was wrong with one of my remotes but it's still happening. I also noticed the when I try to remove a remote, the power notification pops up and then the remote re-appears in the list. It just won't go away. 

I have gone as far as resetting my Roku Express 4k after powering off and re-pairing my remotes.

mrmikemartin
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Issue report tracker

Model: 3941x2 - Roku Express 4K+

Serial Number: X0220007NKVC (S0HAK2C7NKVC)

Software version: 13.0.0 * build 24056-E4

GC version:11.6.21

Timestamp: 2024-06-09T13:53:13Z

Issue ID: VC-231-233

Remote control power icon is continually (every few seconds) displayed on screen

RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Welcome, and thank you for posting here in the Roku Community, @mrmikemartin!

I appreciate you reporting the issue you've encountered with the battery notification, which has prompted your screen. No worries! I'd be happy to assist you with this. 

Firstly, is this the remote that comes with your Roku Express 4K+? Also, how many remotes are currently paired to this device? You can check this under Settings > Remotes & devices > Remotes > Remove the remotes you don't currently use.

In the meantime, I suggest resetting your Roku remote by pressing and holding the Back and Home buttons simultaneously for about 20 seconds. After doing so, pair it again to see if the notification will still pop up.

Furthermore, I appreciate the complete details you have provided; rest assured that I will forward this to the appropriate Roku team so that your device can be included in the investigation. 

I look forward to your update regarding the troubleshooting steps I have provided. 

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Emissary35
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@RokuCarly 

That response is pointless. It's the same one all you moderators have been giving for years.

The solution is simple. I will suggest it again for maybe the 58th time by now!

Roku needs to update the software to include a setting to disable all pop up notifications from the remote under the remote settings.

Or even better, just remove the battery notification pop up from the software completely. Since it never works and always malfunctions it's just a complete annoyance.

I have been suggesting these solutions for years but Roku continues to IGNORE this problem.

The current moderator response is just more of the same.

Get rid of this ridiculous notification once and for all! This should have been solved in the latest OS 13 firmware update!

But Roku was more interested in doing other things, like adding another ad to the home screen!

I guarantee if this remote pop up annoyance affected Roku's ad revenue it would have been fixed immediately.

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi, @Emissary35.

I completely understand your sentiments, and I appreciate your suggestion. 

Please be informed that we are gathering additional information from users who encounter the same battery notification issue and suggest troubleshooting steps tailored to the specific details of individual Roku devices. Rest assured that we are coordinating this with our appropriate team for resolution.

I just wanted to let you know that we are aware of this issue, and your device's information has already been included in the process. Once I've been notified of any updates from the team, I will let you know immediately. 

Thanks,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Emissary35
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@RokuCarly 

Thank you for the response. I hope Roku is finally taking this seriously and  that very soon this malfunctioning battery pop up can be removed from the software once and for all. Or at the very least made able to manually disable in the settings. That's all I have ever wanted.

I just hope after all this time of complaints this will be resolved quickly because Roku has certainly had enough time to fix this.

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi, @Emissary35.

Rest assured that we are doing our best to find you the best resolution for this as your convenience and satisfaction are what we always aim for. 

Your continuous patience and understanding as we work on this are highly appreciated. 

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
mrmikemartin
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I have resolved the issue on my own,

I disposed of the voice remote pro and then purchased a new one.

I no longer have the popup.

Thanks

Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.