Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Gandalf41265
Channel Surfer

Remote Battery Warning Won’t Stop Flashing on Screen

I am also having this issue. Just got 4 Roku's on Saturday. 3 work, 1 is doing what is being described here. Wont Charge all the way. Changes to 2 red bars within minutes. Flashes on the screen every 10 seconds. Tried resetting my Roku. Tried resetting my remoted. Nothing has fixed this issue. These are new devices. Seems silly.

0 Kudos
17 REPLIES 17
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Remote Battery Warning Won’t Stop Flashing on Screen

Hi @Gandalf41265,

Thanks for your first post in the Roku Community!

We do understand that you're having trouble with some of your remotes, and thanks for letting us know.

We'd like to know more about this. Have you tried pairing that remote to a different Roku device to see if you're still seeing the same issue occur?

If there is no improvement, could you provide us the device serial number that is paired with the remote? That can be found in Settings>System>About.

We'll be looking forward to your update.

Best regards,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Gandalf41265
Channel Surfer

I finally got this remote to charge to 100% and the next day it was back to zero again. This is a brand new Rokku and remote I just bought it. I have set up my rokku and thats as far as I have gotten. 
Unit Model # 4802x

SN: SODA22ATSJ2V

0 Kudos
Gandalf41265
Channel Surfer

Sorry I did not provide the correct info- that info is for the box. Here is the serial number from Settings>system>about: X01000MTSJ2V

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Hi Community users,

Thanks for the posts regarding the issue you are experiencing with a remote battery warning flashing on screen.

Is the remote that you are currently using the original remote that came with the Roku device? In addition, if you go into the remote settings of the device, is how many remotes are currently connected to the Roku device? You can check this by going to: Settings > Remotes & Devices > Remotes.

Please keep us posted and we will be more than happy to continue assisting you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Gandalf41265
Channel Surfer

It is the original remote. I do not have any other remotes. I purchased this Roku on 6/1/2023.
I have set it up on my TV, and programmed the remote. Thats all I have done. Since then it flashes green 5 times continuously while its on the charger... I can charge it to 89% no higher, and when I uplug it it looses all of its charge.

0 Kudos
RokuAnjelie
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Gandalf41265,

Thanks for the additional information. 

Thank you for reaching out about your remote battery warning flashing on the screen.

May we know where did you buy your Roku Device?

We'll wait for your response. 

Thanks,

Anjelie

Anjelie A.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Gandalf41265
Channel Surfer

Best Buy Oklahoma City West

6421 SW 3rd St
Oklahoma City, OK 73128
0 Kudos
RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Gandalf41265,

Thanks for your response!

We understand you are having issues with your Roku remote. Help is here. We have passed along your information to our Support team. They will reach out to you to assist you further.

If there is anything else that we can do to assist you, please let us know!

Best regards,                                                                                                                                  Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Gandalf41265
Channel Surfer

Thank you! I love this product, but I cannot use it at this time since the remote will not hold a charge. I am anxious to be up and running!
Will they contact me via Email then?

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.