Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bird4

Rechargeable batteries in new remote won’t hold charge

I’ve tried all of the recommended solutions posted.  Nothing works. Remote model no. RC-MC1. SKU: 3226000891. 

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Rechargeable batteries in new remote won’t hold charge

Roku will need the serial number, to help, even if it's the sn from the device the remote is paired to. 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
Bls1

The serial number is 4100000669_1. After a couple of months of not having to charge my remote, I now have to be tethered to a charger. 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Bls1

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide the serial number of your Roku device from Settings>System>About? I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Jack386

I've had so many remotes stop working that I've lost count.  I've been using rechargeables, but it occurs to me that the remotes may need alkaline batteries.  I just got a stud finder and the instruction is to only use alkaline, not rechargeable.  So maybe that's the cure for faulty remotes.  Roku does include alkalines with their remotes, although they don't say anything about rechargeables AFAIK.  A few days ago my remote stopped working (with rechargeables that had a full charge.  I swapped in alkalines and checked the battery life onscreen after a few days of use - it was 100%.

Good luck, I hope this solves the problem.

Jack

0 Kudos