Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LindaE816
Reel Rookie

Rechargeable Remote Keeps Freezing Up

I bought the rechargeable remote more than a year ago.  It works -- BUT since day one it has periodically frozen up.  No buttons work.  When I plug it into the charging cord BRIEFLY (it's not discharged at all), it works again immediately for a day or three.  Everything else works fine.  This is just annoying and shouldn't happen on a $30 device that is tested and "approved."  I tried re-pairing it with the base unit and that didn't change anything.  Any ideas?

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Rechargeable Remote Keeps Freezing Up

Hi @LindaE816,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

I'd be happy to take a closer look to see how we can help. We recommend taking a look here for more tips about troubleshooting get your remote back up and running. How to fix your Roku voice or simple remote that is not working | Official Roku Support

If this issue is not resolved, please let us know along with any additional information you may have that would be helpful for our team looks into this problem. Kindly include the serial number of your Roku device that is paired with your remote.

Please keep us posted and we'll continue assisting you from there.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos