Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Osugrad85
Channel Surfer

Re: Recent update = Volume buttons not working

Jump to solution

Same issue here, multiple remotes with the same problem.  My Roku Ultra is in direct line of sight of my remotes and unpairing and repairing did not work nor did trying to program the remotes specifically to the TV.  These remotes worked fine before the update to 10.0.0 build 4177, so hopefully Roku will push out a fix soon.

0 Kudos
Cheltz2007

Jump to solution

I am hoping they have a solution soon too. I tried everything. My roku is right up front. The remote still works to turn TV on and off but no volume control. I tried re-pairing the remote to the TV and had no luck. It says it I connected but the volume buttons do not do anything. 

Roku model #: 4662RW - Roku Ultra LT
Roku serial #: YJ00G3723807
Software Version: 10.0.0 Build 4177-46
Brand TV: Magnovox

0 Kudos
Tomm322
Reel Rookie

Re: Remote Volume Control Issue.

Jump to solution

I am having the same issue as stated. My Roku remote has stopped controlling the sound. The light on the front of the Roku flickers when the sound buttons are engaged but nothing happens with the TV sound level. This is a model 4660X Roku Ultra. Serial Number YJ004473412

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@TDDAKINS @Osugrad85

Thanks for the posts.

Perhaps @Tivoburkee can provide further insight as he's our resident Roku Community remote expert.

In the meantime, if you are not able to resolve the issue you are experiencing, can you please provide us with the following information:

-Roku device model
-serial number
-device ID
-software OS/version
(these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-Brand TV

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Cheltz2007

Thanks for the post and information.

I have passed along your information to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further. Once I have an update, I'll be sure to notify the Community.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
judes
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I am also having the same volume and power issues with my Roku Ultra remote. The remote worked fine yesterday. I have restarted my Roku, I have tried connecting my Roku remote and went through the 50 "do you hear music" prompts and nothing is working. Can someone please help? This issue happed with our upstairs tv as well but I was able to troubleshoot that. Nothing is working for the ROKU attached to my the tv in our basement and it is a newer model tv. 

0 Kudos
Aroc7

Jump to solution

I am having the same volume and mute issue. Tried many things to fix and nothing has worked 

0 Kudos
TDDAKINS
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thanks Danny,

I am still not able to use the volume buttons on the ROKU remote and have tried everything posted.  Looking forward to a resolution.

Here is my information:

-Roku device model:  “4660x - Roku Ultra”
-serial number: YJ007V342059
-device ID:  CK38D7342059
-software OS/version: 10.0.0 Build 4177-46
-Brand TV: Sony

0 Kudos
gdngrl

Jump to solution

Mine does work anymore either.  

0 Kudos