Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jhitt

Re: Roku Ultra remote doing double click?

If that actually worked, it wouldn't do it again immediately after a restart.  Mine does this on both IR volume controls as well as play/pause Roku controls, at any point after a restart, after days, and at all times in between.  It isn't every press, but it's frequent.

0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi, @jhitt

Thanks for posting, and welcome to the Roku Community.

We see that you're having a remote issue, and we'd like to gather more information for us to better understand the issue you're having. What specific Roku device and remote you are having issues with? Also, what steps have you taken in an attempt to resolve the issue? Further, is this happening while streaming or accessing a specific channel, or happen throughout the Roku platform?

Please keep us posted.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos

Roku, how have you not fixed this yet? 

0 Kudos
BKolley

Same issue.  I've had the Roku Ultra for a little over a month now.  It was working fine until about a week ago when it started this annoying double, triple, and sometimes quadruple clicking.  One click on an arrow key results in random moves of 2. 3, or 4 positions.  It doesn't always happen, but it seems like every 5 or 10 clicks, the multiple click occurs.  It doesn't seem to matter if I'm clicking rapidly or clicking slowly, nor does it matter which arrow key I use, the multiple clicks randomly occur.

I have tried rebooting the system and I've also cycled power.  Niether of those actions have fixed the problem.  It behaves like a switch contact that has a failed de-bounce circuit.  Roku owes its users a permanent fix.

0 Kudos
milchuck
Streaming Star

Same issue with Roku replacement remote I just bought recently (Roku Voice Remote Pro). You hit a button once and it behaves as if you clicked it twice.  Very annoying when scrolling through channels.  If you google this, it seems to be a problem with a lot of Roku users.  Is there a fix?

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi Community Users!

We appreciate you for bringing this to our attention. 

We will be coordinating this with the relevant Roku team to determine the root cause and find you the best resolution possible. With this being said, kindly provide us the following details below so we can create a report ticket effectively:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and OS version. (this can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • Tracker ID (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID)
  • Does this happen on a specific channel? If so, kindly specify.

We'll be anticipating your response so we can fix this as soon as possible as your convenience and satisfaction are what we always aim for.

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Kreefreaza1
Reel Rookie

TLC 55S451

S/N X01200EUAJAH

Device ID: S0JS633UAJAH

OS 12.5.0 build 4176-CG

Tracker ID: 

AH-027-372

This double or tripple clicking happens across all channels, even system menu sometimes. Direction keys, the ok button and play pause buttons are affected too.

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

We're grateful to have you here in the Roku Community, @Kreefreaza1.

We appreciate you for providing us with the requested details needed. 

May we also know if rebooting your Roku player (Settings > System > Power (skip if unavailable) > System restart) helps you resolve this? Also, we recommend trying to press and hold the Back and Home buttons simultaneously for about 30 seconds to reset it and then re-pairing it right after to see if this will make any difference.

Please let us know how it goes!

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos