Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sidneypier
Reel Rookie

Programming Shaw Cable Remote to control RCA Roku TV

I just bought an RCA Roku TV model RTGU5070.  I am trying to pair my SHAW Cable remote so that the Shaw Cable remote can power on/off, volume up/down and channel up/down the Roku TV.  I have tried every code that I have in the manual and every code I can find online.  I spent a lot of time on customer support with Shaw with no success.

The remote is the CHAMP model.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
Tivoburkee
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Programming Shaw Cable Remote to control RCA Roku TV

Try code 0463. 

Edmund
Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
PHAROAGO

MINE WORKED ON 'T'1756 MICRO XBOX ?BUT IT NEEDS TO BE TURNED ON?WHILE U PROGRAM THE CODE?  BUT IT STOPED WORKING CAUSE THERES NO WIFI CONECTION NOW?!!   BUT THE TV KEEPS RESET FACTORY UPGRADES ?!!RESETING!!     

0 Kudos
Sidneypier
Reel Rookie

Thank you for the responses.  I have tried your codes provided and I still can not program the most common cable box remote.

After several weeks of attempting to get solutions from RCA and Curtis International, Shaw/Rogers (Cable box providers) and The Brick (where we purchased the TVs), I have decided to return the RCA TVs and I will never buy RCA Products ever again.  It is extremely telling when companies won't guarantee their customer service with RCA products.  Even a quick search online highlights the same poor customer service with their products.  

Sorry RCA, I gave you a fighting chance to continue to earn our business.  I'm off to shop another manufacturer now.

#RCA #Curtisinternational #RTGU5070 #SHAW #ROGERS

0 Kudos
Tivoburkee

@Sidneypier 

That RCA model number RTGU5070, that's a Google tv model, not a Roku tv model!! Big difference when it comes to remote codes to use. Try the non-Roku TCL in the Roku remote menu. 

Edmund

0 Kudos
Tivoburkee

@Sidneypier 

Try code 2434 in the Shaw remote, and other TCL codes. 

Edmund

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.