Remotes

Learn how to reset a Roku remote, how a Roku remote works, or pair a new remote.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PiZeroGuru

Phantom Button Pressing on TLC Roku Latest Update

I am having this issue. Most often, the input menu is opened, and then a random one is chosen. Sometimes the TV just turns itself off.

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Phantom? Button Pressing on TLC Roku Latest Update

Hi, @PiZeroGuru

Thanks for posting, and welcome to the Roku Community.

We appreciate you for letting us know about this issue, and we're here to assist. Let's perform a troubleshooting step to resolve this. Kindly perform a system restart by navigating to Settings > System > Power (skip if no sub-menu) > System Restart. When the TV reboots, kindly observe if you still notice the issue occurs.

Let us know how this works.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Saru31
Reel Rookie

Re: Phantom Button Pressing on TLC Roku Latest Update

So, my TV has been having this issue. I tried looking for a solution here and even talked with customer Support and no help. Went to reddit and found out its the manual buttons on the TV. Cleaned out the area and the problem is now almost nonexistent. Turns out the buttons are very sensitive and any little bit of dust that gets caught in them will trigger this. I recommend cleaning them out and see if it will help you as it did me.

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Phantom Button Pressing on TLC Roku Latest Update

Hi @PiZeroGuru,

Thanks for the post and for flagging us about this.

Could you tell us if this remote phantom press is happening when on the Home screen or within a certain channel? Have you also tried performing a system restart (Settings>System>Power>System restart) and see if that helps?

Or tell us more about this so that we can further look into it.

Thanks,

Rey 

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.